Coopers Community

Surprise Surprise, guess who...

... Im related to?

When down in Tassie recently I had a conversation with a forum member, as a part of that conversation a few names were dropped and upon checking with our respetcive family members it turns out that..

BillK and I are 3rd cousins [lol]

Now if it wasnt for my father losing his house in the fires down there we would never have found out as that conversation would never had happened...

Small frikkin world eh?

[lol] [roll] [w00t] [whistling [ninja]

But aren't all Ausies and Tassies the inbred spawn of our prison ships anyway? Half of you are probably related somewhere down the line [whistling

HALF YOU SAY....VERY POLITE OF YOU LOL[lol]

Does that mean I am related to my other half??

had a feww today mate?

a goodly proportion of us Aussies came from the Emerald Isle (coz you are all criminals [lol] ) and the dregs of old blimey/Scotland/Erope/Asia so I should think the bloodlines are diverse, my hetitage for eample come from The Isle Of Mull in the Hebrides.. oddly enough called the Isle of Mull [whistling

[lol] [roll]

But aren't all Ausies and Tassies the inbred spawn of our prison ships anyway? Half of you are probably related somewhere down the line [whistling

HALF YOU SAY....VERY POLITE OF YOU LOL[lol]

Does that mean I am related to my other half??

A GOOD POSSIBILTY wAL LOL

had a feww today mate?

a goodly proportion of us Aussies came from the Emerald Isle (coz you are all criminals [lol] ) and the dregs of old blimey/Scotland/Erope/Asia so I should think the bloodlines are diverse, my hetitage for eample come from The Isle Of Mull in the Hebrides.. oddly enough called the Isle of Mull [whistling

[lol] [roll]

no surprises there my hop loving friend[biggrin]

lol it just goes to show how brewing and beer can be a good thing, it reunites one and all [unsure]

Even though Yob was born in Tassie he has lived out of the state for such a long time now so if it wasn't for the brewing factor we would probably never had known.

smileys-cheers-543524.gif

lol it just goes to show how brewing and beer can be a good thing' date=' it reunites one and all [unsure']

Even though Yob was born in Tassie he has lived out of the state for such a long time now so if it wasn't for the brewing factor we would probably never had known.

smileys-cheers-543524.gif

the thing is now hes been away from tassie so long hes now not considered a relative.......Fathers Day in Tassie....priceless[lol]

Slightly OT Yob but...

Gonna crack a Saison shortly that GuySmiley gave me recently. Apparently one 2nd in some comp. Nevertheless, I have never tried a Saison before so will be good to judge it blind then I'll buy a commercial one soon to compare with.

Crazy Yeast driven beers... whacky and fruity in a different way.. our last Vic Case Swap Brew-Day was a Saison, got a crate and a half in the cellar.. I have to be in the right mood for those whacky things.. brewed at highish temps... freaks me out [lol]

Well the Saison is gone now and I only wish I had more. It was so much better than I thought it was going to be.

Slight banana taste and aroma with no hint of pepper, nice body and mouthfeel. I loved it [love] Might have to hit him up for the recipe I think.

Very nice indeed.

Well the Saison is gone now and I only wish I had more. It was so much better than I thought it was going to be.

Slight banana taste and aroma with no hint of pepper, nice body and mouthfeel. I loved it [love] Might have to hit him up for the recipe I think.

Very nice indeed.

Which yeast did you use?

I used WLP568 Belgian Saison Yeast Blend

I've only tried a couple (and far too young) but i got pepper for sure, and a very slight banana.

Screw it, I'm gonna try another now.

I didn't brew it, it was brewed by someone local here who gave it to me.

I'll need to get the recipe to know for sure but I am pretty certain he mentioned Wyeast 3724. I will get confirmation on that though. Gee I didn't think a beer brewed at such high temps would be so nice.

If you are going to do a Saison then now is definitely the time to brew it.

Not in ireland, it's bloody freezing here.

But yeah, get the brews in that best suit the ambient temerature.

I think (whatever higher being there is) planned it so the beers brewed at low temperatures are best to drink when it's hot, and those brewed at warm temperatures are best when it's cold.

For example, a lager is brewed cold and best drank when the weather is hot, while a fuller beer like a stout is best brewed warm and great drank when the weather is cold.

Perfect timing. Brew your summer beers in the winter and your winter beers in the summer.

Although I suspect that it's got more to do with very old brewing techniques trying to catch up with modern equipment...

Archived