Coopers Community

Coopers Mexican Cervesa Brewing Temp?

MarkF26

The kit yeast will be fine. I don't know that there's any "benefit" as such to using other yeasts' date=' but they all have different effects on the flavour of the beer. I really like US-05 in my pale ales, for example. [/quote']

Hi Kelse, i just used us-05 in my last APA and i am keen to taste the result. I normally use kit yeast but found i got too much of a sulphur smell. What diff have you found with us-05?

Hi Kelse, i just used us-05 in my last APA and i am keen to taste the result. I normally use kit yeast but found i got too much of a sulphur smell. What diff have you found with us-05?

Well for starters, no sulphur smell.[lol] That's probably caused because the kit yeast also contains lager yeast, whereas US-05 is just ale yeast. I've found it to give quite a clean, refreshing kind of taste to the brews I've used it in.

[quote=Otto Von Blotto

Well for starters, no sulphur smell.[lol] That's probably caused because the kit yeast also contains lager yeast, whereas US-05 is just ale yeast. I've found it to give quite a clean, refreshing kind of taste to the brews I've used it in.

sounds perfect for APA, cheers[biggrin]

Archived