Coopers Community

Starsan and Adelaide Tap Water... Doh!

PhilboBaggins

Go to the RO water machines and get about 15L of RO water for $3. I only use that for starsan and storing rinsed yeast. It will last you a year.

The Starsan solution will be crystal clear still after 6 mths and multiple uses.

Can not vouch for benefits with yeast storage under RO water but Chris and Jamil recommend it and that is good enough for me.

An older thread, I know, but just wanting to make sure that good advice never goes by without the proper gratitude being given. Such a simple thing that has ended up saving me loads of cash.

Many thanks John, the Para Hills Foodland is 5 mins from me so I went down yesterday. Got my first bottle pre-filled for $7, and all others will be $3 from the machine. I was previously paying ~$1.50 for 2L of distilled water to mix my Starsan. The mixture is crystal, and I know it will last for ages.

Cheers buddy.

BTW.

Starsan is made in the States an, at times, difficult to get.

Craftbrewer in Brisbane are the only ones holding the importation rights in Australia.

Keg King has commissioned a chemical company to come up with a locally made version and they believe what they have formulated to be identical to StarSan (and cheaper, of course).

They sent me a free bottle on friday to compare and review, which I would do today if not for the hangover... So stay tuned for my observations...

Really? Because I've bought it from Grain and Grape in the past.

Archived