Coopers Community

New Improved "Rotokeg"

Big Flea

We manufacture plastic tanks up to 31 000 lit & I'm planning to designing my own new improved "Rotokeg". Any new design ideas out there that anyone want to add or share? Could just possibly make it better and more adffordable for everyone here on the forum.[wink] I use to manufacture "mini" breweing plants back in RSA and sold them by the hundreds.

Hey BF!

I didn't know what a roto keg was until I just googled it. Sounds interesting mate, but the main reason I'm responding is to bump your thread cos I've been hogging the stage for the last 1/2 hour.

Over to you. [happy]

Cheers PB!

Will do a drawing or two and psot it. Need to hit the shag now. Going fishing at 5am in the morning. Just another Sh!t day in NZ![innocent]

Hey BF!

I didn't know what a roto keg was until I just googled it. Sounds interesting mate, but the main reason I'm responding is to bump your thread cos I've been hogging the stage for the last 1/2 hour.

Over to you. [happy]

Cheers PB!

Will do a drawing or two and psot it. Need to hit the shag now. Going fishing at 5am in the morning. Just another **** day in NZ![innocent]

I reckon if I called SWMBO that I'd get a good smack in the ear and a kickin' to boot [bandit] .

I watched a video of the Rotokeg. Interesting little device.

For all intensive purposes, isn't it really just a secondary fermenter, with the addition of an inlet valve to hook up a C02 bottle?

Basically, if you bulk primed in a suitable similar sized vessel & left it in that vessel, you could actually pour it (gassed) from the secondary FV up until the air space dominated the interior space of the FV, where a C02 injection would be required.

Yes?

Anthony.

I watched a video of the Rotokeg. Interesting little device.

For all intensive purposes, isn't it really just a secondary fermenter, with the addition of an inlet valve to hook up a C02 bottle?

Basically, if you bulk primed in a suitable similar sized vessel & left it in that vessel, you could actually pour it (gassed) from the secondary FV up until the air space dominated the interior space of the FV, where a C02 injection would be required.

Yes?

Anthony.

Well, yes, as long as the vessel can hold the pressure.

I once transferred an ESB to a 4 litre vessel into which I had inserted a tap. I primed it with sugar for 1.8 vols CO2 and it came close to blowing the tap out or lid off!

It poured fine until the last litre or so at which time I just opened the lid to draw the last two pints.

I have a 7 litre party keg made from a "Hills" brand garden sprayer and am now thinking about using it as a "rotokeg" for "cask" conditioned Real Ales...

Archived