Coopers Community

mid strength APA

Nick

i want to make a nice easy to drink mid strength pale ale. i will use just an APA kit and 500gms of coopers LDM. i think it was Kelsey who, in another thread said he only uses malt as a fermntable. this should be spot on for what i want, but as usual i am open to opinions[biggrin]

Hi Nick.

If it's simplicity you are after with this brew, use exactly what you have said, add in 100gms of Maltodextrin (Corn Syrup Powder) & brew to 21 litres.

This will give you a nice beer with a decent amount of body at around 3.8% bottled ABV . [happy]

Anthony.

thanks lads, i will stick with my original recipe as you all seem to agree that it will turn out nice. every brew i have done with APA has turned out well, regardless of the fermentables i use. its good to find something which is quick, easy and inexpensive to just throw in a spare FV. i have only ever used kit yeast with the APA. what difference would US-05 make?

thanks lads' date=' i will stick with my original recipe as you all seem to agree that it will turn out nice. every brew i have done with APA has turned out well, regardless of the fermentables i use. its good to find something which is quick, easy and inexpensive to just throw in a spare FV. i have only ever used kit yeast with the APA. what difference would US-05 make?[/quote']

The kit yeast should be fine for the mid-strength you planned.

As others have suggested, perhaps you could do a hop tea (steep) or a dry hop just to give it that something extra.

Archived