Coopers Community

hop suggestion

Nick

i have just started 2 draughts so that i have plenty of thirst quenchers in the new year, but i would like to dry hop one. i have been using cascade pellets in my lagers, but dont want the same citrussy flavour in a draught. i have used fuggles in my stouts and dark ales, but have no experience with other hops. can someone suggest a hop that will suit and give me an idea as to what to expect[happy]

Try cascade / chinook blend, .75g each per / l

I really don't ever use a single hop anymore, blending is loads of fun adds adds a level of complexity you just don't get from a single hop.

Cascade / chinook, cascade / citra, centennial / amarillo etc,

If you like american beers go with american hops, 1-2 grams per / l

Enjoy

Hi Nick.

Without really knowing the flavour you would like to impart on these Draught brews of yours, my advice options are hard to give.

Below is a link to a hop chart that does a pretty good job of defining the characteristics of most of the well known hop varieties.

Hop Characteristics Chart.

I'm finding a lot of my enjoyment in home brewing is coming from experimentation with different hop varieties. [joyful]

Good luck with your choice(s).

Anthony.

Try cascade / chinook blend, .75g each per / l

I really don't ever use a single hop anymore, blending is loads of fun adds adds a level of complexity you just don't get from a single hop.

Cascade / chinook, cascade / citra, centennial / amarillo etc,

If you like american beers go with american hops, 1-2 grams per / l

Enjoy

+1 I myself like a Chinook/Cascade/Amarillo blend. I am still experimenting with other hops in the future get a lot of compliments on the hop blended beers.

What about Topaz

I am drinking my Thames Valley Pale Ale at the minute, with three adittions of Topaz - 15 @ 10, 25 @ 5 & 20 @ 3.

It is quite nice a fruity and I think, as Yob says, would benefit from a buddy hop. Just need to figure out which one.

Archived