Coopers Community

Running out of stock!!!

Jimmy78

So this is my problem!

Everyone is drinking my stash quicker than I can brew it.

I have put down a ginger beer and have found out that this is going to have to sit for about 3 weeks in the fermenter! I CLEARLY NEED A SECOND FERMENTER (and that is from the wife! God bless her cotton socks!)

Where do you fellas think the best place to get a second fermenter is? I have the coopers DIY kit currently and am happy with it!

I had the same Dilemma a few weeks ago so i went and got another full kit. cost me $89 bucks at Big dub. they are the best fermenters' date=' plus you get 30 pets and a lager kit. i reckon it was great value.[lol']

+1 Nick

As you can see from my Closet Brewer post I have two, and I got two for the same reason. Now I can comfortbaly leave my brew in the FV for at least two weeks and I am considerably in front. So much so that the last nine longnecks of my dudest beer, Real Fat Yak, are going down the drain today.

The only issue with two FVs is having enough bottles to fill. More kegs [innocent]

It is a very slippery slope this brewing caper. I got myself a second FV so as to be able to keep stocks up, but I now find that I have 3 [innocent] . The advantage of this is that I can now leave them in the FV for 3 weeks and am able to age my beers for a more appropriate length of time. But like Scottie, empty bottles then become an issue - hence I have had to source more bottles [cool] . Where will it all end???? [biggrin] [biggrin]

But like Scottie' date=' empty bottles then become an issue - hence I have had to source more bottles [cool'] . Where will it all end???? [biggrin] [biggrin]

I have been bottling into stubbies as an answer to the problem of not enough bottles, my heathen mates still drink mega swill from them.

a PITA on bottling day, but my bench capper does twist tops ok and its good to have a stubby on hand rather than opening a pet or a tallie all the time[cool]

...and its good to have a stubby on hand rather than opening a pet or a tallie all the time[cool]

This is exactly why I use stubbies. Yeah, it takes a bit longer and uses more caps but it's nice to be able to just have a schooner size beer when I get home from work instead of having to have two. Not that the idea of two is a problem, I just gotta watch my intake because of work, so it's better for me to use stubbies. I would source more, but there's nowhere to keep them[lol] [lol]

I've actually resorted to putting some into stubbies as well, for the same reason really. Sometimes it's just more convenient to have a stubby, like when riding around on the mower [cool] !!! Supply is not an issue either as I have mates who drink copious amounts of Coopers stubbies (and Tallies).

Yeah, they're handy like that. I've got plenty at the moment, enough for about 5 batches to be bottled at any one time. But if I buy a 6 pack of something for a party or trying something new or whatever I normally keep them so the supply is gradually increasing. Just need to find some more space to store them. [lol]

I just chucked a heap of odd-sized bottles out on the weekend, I was keeping everything I bought but because I use Carb drops (yes, I know about bulk priming.... [crying] ) it is so much easier to have just 2 sizes. And it makes storage easier if they are all of a uniform size(s) - I just slide them back into the empty carton they come in.

- I just slide them back into the empty carton they come in.

I "borrowed" a few milk crates and I can fit 16 Coopers PET bottles in a crate and they are great to stack and store. [whistling

+1 for milk crates, maybe they are in fact "Home brewer's crates" that just get used by the milk people until they are ready for their intended purpose [rightful] [innocent] . I wonder if we did a quick survey of how many people have ever actually paid for a milk crate??? No for me.

The Coopers DIY kit is good value if you want all the bits that come with it (bottles etc).

Otherwise, check out the water containers at Bunnings. They are similar to the old Coopers FVs.

My third FV is a Bunnings water container. A squarish one with a red lid think it was about $20. It is marked at the 4,21,22,23 and 24L marks. They sell taps for a couple of dollars. All you need then is a therm strip, and drill a hole for an airlock and grommit (but you don't have to).

- I just slide them back into the empty carton they come in.

I "borrowed" a few milk crates and I can fit 16 Coopers PET bottles in a crate and they are great to stack and store. [whistling

+1 for milk crates, maybe they are in fact "Home brewer's crates" that just get used by the milk people until they are ready for their intended purpose [rightful] [innocent] . I wonder if we did a quick survey of how many people have ever actually paid for a milk crate??? No for me.

Bloody great for camping as well, throw all you camp cooking gear etc in them then put them on the roof rack. then when your camping use them as seats, tent cupboards and whatever. Aaahh, milk crates..is there anything they cant do?

every item of furnature i had when i left home once had milk in it[lol]

Archived