Coopers Community

Beer Colour.

ToddL3

i have just put down a Mex Cerveza as my third brew, and i too was concerned at the colour of the wort when i mixed, 4 days on, it has lightened up heaps. It was a darkish brown colour, and now is more like the Corona colour. I have the FV sitting in a large container of water and have been keeping the temps around the 18-20\xb0 mark with frozen ice bricks. The temps up here this week is going to be in the high 20's low 30's, and i was concerned on not over working the yeast.

I am looking forward to this brew. And trying my Pale Ale that got bottled on the weekend, and the first brew i bottled 2 weeks ago.............etc etc

[biggrin]

As I said, it's mostly to do with the size of the containers. It will always look lighter in the sample tube because it's a very narrow container and there's not much beer in it to look through. In the bottle it'll be a bit darker because it's a wider container. And of course, the FV is wider still, so it's like looking through about 5 or 6 bottles lined up behind each other. [wink]

The Pale ale kit is my favourite however I made a batch of Cerveza for SWMBO I ran out of all my other favourites so I started to drink the Cerveza on Friday nights it goes down quite easily I prefer the Cerveza over the Canadian Blonde kit. Ah well a few more weeks and my EB with copious amounts of hops will be ready to try will be putting down a pale ale this week as well. The colour of those light beers is deceitful when you first put them down but by the end of fermentation they are exactly the colour according to the style. Only other factors that would effect the colour is if you use LDM etc

Archived