Coopers Community

SWMBO's pissed off...

LordEoin

'WHAT THE F**K IS THAT SMELL? IT SMELLS LIKE OLD MAN'S ASS AND THE BEAMISH BREWERY. I THOUGHT WE MOVED AWAY FROM THAT SMELLY F**KING PLACE' [innocent] [innocent]

So yeah, I had a few Guinness Black Lager the other day and it made me want to brew something of the style. So after lots of thinking and poking about the forums I came up with this:

Pilsener Kit

500g Dark dry malt

300g Carapils

300g Chocolate malt

35g EKG - 60 mins

15g Fuggles - 15 min

10g Fuggles - 10 min

Fermentis Saflager S23

I mashed the carapils and choc malt for 45 mins at 65C, added the EKG for the boil. About 10 minutes later and the house smells amazing to me[love] , but rantworthy to SWMBO[rightful]

I would say at least 90% of women do not like the smell of a nice boil... if you have one that does then she certainly is a keeper. Whereas the % is reversed for men... must be a Venus/Mars thingy. [alien]

I think Yob has one of these rare creatures the lucky devil!

Chuck a handful of spent grain in your cooking. It adds a new dimension. People give their spent grain to chooks, pigs, horses, cattle etc. Lots of ways to get rid of it. Unfortunately, I usually throw most of mine in the bin down the street. [whistling

I would spread it out on the lawn but used to have mouse issues so don't want to entice the critters back again.

I would say at least 90% of women do not like the smell of a nice boil... if you have one that does then she certainly is a keeper. Whereas the % is reversed for men... must be a Venus/Mars thingy. [alien]

Bill must have seen my Alien Smiley post in the "everything else"

either that or its an x files moment

[crying] nope...

BUT I HAVE A BREWERY/SHED!!!! [w00t] [w00t] [w00t]

I am very fortunate with a SWMBO that doesnt bat an eye lid when I want to buy / build / brew / drink / attend brew club meetings / attend case swaps / host case swaps / go on malthouse tours.. and the list goes on.. and all this while she is preggaz with a little Yob [lol]

She might not like the smell.. (does like the smell/taste of hops though [lol] ) but she is a winner anyway and a damn good sport about it [love]

Its good to be with a good SWMBO [lol].. that said, naturally she has had her moments along the way where shall we say Ive tested her limits? [whistling ...

Yob

SWMBO doesn't mind yet. The worst comment so far has been "it smells like chocolate weetbix!" (Crystal and choc malt). I take that as a complement. My plan of a attack so far has been keep as much brew related activity as possible, downstairs, where SWMBO seldom ventures. Secondly, I bribe her by brewing ginger beer and cerveza. Geez I wish she drank IPA, Stout or Dunkelweizen. [crying]

Funnily enough my mum doesn't drink alcohol at all, and yet she likes the smell of boiling wort.

Congratulations on the little Yob (on the way)!

Thanks Hairy..

it's one of the reasons Ive headed quickly into kegging, I wont have the available time to bottle anymore.. I did always enjoy the process and it meant a goot night/arvo faffing about in the shed [lol]

Really looking forward to having a little brew assistant [roll]

Archived