Coopers Community

E.B. fuggles + ekg

olyeastyknob

Hi all , Ive been hanging here for awhile now just looking at recipes and gathering all the info I can.I love hoppy beers and Ive brewed about 10 pale ales now all with dry hopping mainly n.s,cascade and moteuka in differing combos. Now I want to make an english bitter. Coopers eb can+ 1kg ldm + 300g dex and dry hop 15g ekg+15g fuggles. Anyone done ekg and fuggles together in this brew as Ive never used either before.any help appreciated.

I'd just go with the EKG dry hopped. I did that with my best English Bitter (4.0 recipe link in my signature). My current EB is hopped with Willamette (an Australian replacement for the Fuggle) and the jury is still out. Either way at the moment I would have to say the EB with EKG was better.

did you reduce the ldm because of the crystal? I added 250g crystal to some of my pale ales , I think that tasted less water or added more body to the beer. does that sound right?

Just used less LDM for cost saving measures wanted to use 1kg and no dex but instead used 500g LDM and 300g Dex, The Crystal malt adds more body to the beer so its less watery and freshens the kit up a bit.

thats a fair bit of hops for a porter isnt it ?. I mean i am only new to hoppy beers and I VE REALLY ONLY DRANK PALE ALES FOR A long time but I sort of cant imagine drinking beer without extra hop flavour but I am just unsure how other styles of beer would go . I guess I need to experiment and find what I like. Im glad others have had good results with stuff Im keen on trying. Last brew I did an coopers pale with bsaaz,cascade and nelson.15g of each for a 15 min boil with 300g crystal but split the boil between 2 tins in seperate fermenters 23 litres and ikg ldm each. Id never boiled hops before(pellets) and I strained the first one into a seive with no cloth or anything.Man alotta green hop crud went into the fermenter. Anything to worry about?

Most of that stuff will probably just settle into the trub at the bottom so it shouldn't be an issue.

The BIAB is good, I have only done one brew so far, and it's still cubed waiting to be fermented. It was certainly an interesting process, and I'm sure after I get a few brews under my belt I'll figure out ways to get it from grains to the cube a bit quicker. Looking forward to mixing up an AG version of my Amber Ale possibly on the weekend though!

Archived