Coopers Community

Easy Kegs - anybody used?

MARKP18

Yeah saw that, they seem to be more of a consultancy to commercial breweries, they do have a link to the local distributers Huber though.

Just wondering if anybody has tried them, was considering trying to reuse one, although they have a CO2 cannister to release into the headspace to prolong life, but guess that wouldn't make any difference once spent.

what's the benefit of a pepsi keg over a normal corny keg? or is it just another word for the same thing?

I thought they were pretty much the thing except one has ball locks (I think Pepsi) and the other pin locks.

Probably should wait for the experts to answer [unsure]

Had a look at them in First Choice' date=' couldn't bring myself to pay $35 for 5 litres of Heinekeen though.[/quote']

[lol] +1 I wouldnt take one if you paid me $35... But I freely admit to being a beer snob these days [lol]

what's the benefit of a pepsi keg over a normal corny keg? or is it just another word for the same thing?

The Pepsi, post mix, Keg is a Cornelius Keg with ball lock connections. The Coke is also a Corny but with pin lock connections. I think the dimensions height and diameter are slightly different. From what I can gather Pepsi Kegs, which are popular due to the ball lock post, are running out. Obviously there were more Coke kegs to start off with.

Had a look at them in First Choice' date=' couldn't bring myself to pay $35 for 5 litres of Heinekeen though.[/quote']

[lol] +1 I wouldnt take one if you paid me $35... But I freely admit to being a beer snob these days [lol]

Totally unrelated, but this post reminds me of my old man who has 2 cases of Crown Lager sitting in his Garage that he got for free when he bought some wine.....He can't even give it away [lol]

In the old days before my palate had developed to it's current level of beer snobbery I would have jumped at the chance of free beer [cool] .....even crownies.

Archived