Coopers Community

4 Those People Having Troubles Obtaining Ingredients In Aust.

Yeah there are other methods of obtaining cheaper rates elsewhere, of course. However, as the title states, this would be a lot cheaper than what some people on this forum claim they pay for their Malt, Yeast and Hops etc. Also the fact they need to drive like a million miles to get supplies so with the free delivery they are also saving time and travel expenses.

Just throwing another option at them [innocent]

Thanks for the heads up Bill..!!!

Coxy, Maybe I am a bit of a sucker as well - I have just ordered this one myself. At my local it would run into $43, and that's without the coasters [biggrin]

This will be my first attempt with anything other than a basic kit so looking forward to giving it a go. Since I just put two brews in my fermenters on the weekend it might be a few weeks before I actually get to put it together.

How is the best way to store the hop pellets 'til then?

About even for me fellas[devil] but as you say...and wisdom is coming out here in spades. Yes it is a good deal!! As Petrol makes it MORE expensive to drive for this one! Thanks Coopers...as long as I can get over this pain in my right shoulder everytime I reach for my right pocket(the one where the wallet is)....but no this is a GOOD DEAL. Thanks for listening [kissing]

Well call me a sucker :P

Coxy, you're a sucker [biggrin] [cool]

Apologies to Hairy...he was probably going to say that [crying]

Hahaha! I walked into that one...particularly bad choice of words given my surname! [biggrin]

snip.... Also the fact they need to drive like a million miles to get supplies so with the free delivery they are also saving time and travel expenses.

Doesn't even need to be a million miles these days Bill. My drive is a 70km round trip, and I get 11.5l/100km and the premium juice is about $1.70 a litre; close enough to $14.

THBS sell the equivalent ingredients $28, so the Coopers deal wins even without factoring in the opportunity cost of driving down there. Luckily I kill a number of birds with the one stone, so it works out OK for me to shop at the LHBS. No doubt it is a good deal for many otherwise Coopers woudn't sell out of theses deals so quickly. For me it is a matter of what Merchandise is on offer, when a polo top is included I'll be in.

Don't forget the members discount either [rightful]

How is the best way to store the hop pellets 'til then?

Vacuum seal them if possible and put them in the freezer. If you can't vac seal them then just use a snap lock bag and try get as much air out as possible, then freeze them.

Yeast = Fridge | Hops = Freezer

Ha! Beat me by 7 secs Graham.

[crying]

Thanks fellas, I'll call this one a draw [rightful]

Thanks Bill, I'll see what SWMBO has in the way of suitable bags in the pantry (not a part of the house that I know a lot about [bandit] ).

I'm in too.

I've been looking around for the Pilsner can for a while, because I wanted to try the Coopers Lager yeast that comes with the kit.

The only one that I have seen in stock has best before date later this year, so I think that it has been on the shelf for a while.

Now I have one, with a European Lager yeast as well.

Now that I think about it I guess it isn't a bad price [whistling ...Doesn't appeal to me though but I'm not really a pilsener fan. I hope one day they put together a nice hop fuelled pale ale - Then I might give it a go...but then again I'm probably better off just putting a recipe together myself.

Not really sure what my post is all about but now that I've typed it I may as well post it [unsure]

Now that I think about it I guess it isn't a bad price [whistling ...Doesn't appeal to me though but I'm not really a pilsener fan. I hope one day they put together a nice hop fuelled pale ale - Then I might give it a go...but then again I'm probably better off just putting a recipe together myself.

Not really sure what my post is all about but now that I've typed it I may as well post it [unsure]

If I may translate the above post into Net Speak 1.1, I would say:

"LoL n00b, 'sif you'd get that deal. My recipes pwn this" :P

[lol] Nice try Coxy but, other than this occassion, if I ever type LoL I ask that someone please shoot me [lol] . I think in essence I was trying to say that I'd prefer a Pale Ale but then I realised it'd be much cheaper to just throw one together myself. I have no problem with making kit beer recipes, especially ones put together by the great PB2. Essentially I am just a tightarse and I like to keep my brewing within budget....although I wont cut corners on quality to save money.

[lol] Nice try Coxy but, other than this occassion, if I ever type LoL I ask that someone please shoot me [lol] . I think in essence I was trying to say that I'd prefer a Pale Ale but then I realised it'd be much cheaper to just throw one together myself. I have no problem with making kit beer recipes, especially ones put together by the great PB2. Essentially I am just a tightarse and I like to keep my brewing within budget....although I wont cut corners on quality to save money.

I was translating your post into Net Speak. You may not speak Net Speak, I was merely providing a community service [biggrin]

I understand what you're saying. Comparing apples to apples, the recipe kits from coopers are pretty good value. This case for example is a saving of a couple of bucks, plus free delivery - whereas I'd need to go out of my way to my LHBS to get it (which when riding my bike is no big deal, no petrol cost etc).

That said I had already ordered Saaz pellets from Craftbrewer which I got the day this deal came out. Ha. Oh well, I can dry hop this recipe too [love]

Convenience is king! :-)

Archived