Coopers Community

I have half a kilo of Brew Enhancer 1 ...

King Ruddager

How modern! [biggrin]

Well, they fought for equality, now they have it, so let them bring in the bacon for a while until they fight to become housewives again.

Sorry to any females here(if any), I'm the product of a good catholic upbringing![innocent]

Just got back from being dragged around BigW with the boss and grabbed an English bitter (because of this thread) it was approx $2 more than the real ale and the same price as the pale.

For around $13 a tin she doesn't complain, I have a few washed yeast types and a ton of DME and hops in stock.

I like the EB can. I didn't at first but it is a nice drop when left to mature a little.

I love the EB kit. I even like it when it is young. I find it comes to hand fairly quickly.

I've just made the EB for the first time. I bottled it four weeks ago and tried it today and must say that I don't mind it at all. If I can resist it for another 4 weeks I'm pretty sure it will be very nice.

So, I just drew my first sample of my "English Leftovers Bitter" having built it on Saturday (so it's had 4 days of fermentation so far) and it's BROWN. Very brown. Can't-see-through-it brown.

Gravity is 1.017 (started at 1.035) so it's fermenting away nicely despite the cold weather (its current temp is 16) but ... the colour! I hope it improves because right now it looks like a lactose-intolerant baby's mess and, as they say, the first bite is with the eye.

Archived