Coopers Community

A quick hello and how's it going?!!!

TrueBrew

[bandit] It's been a while since I've been on the forums. I've kept brewing away making lots of dry hopped pale ales. Mainly using Chinook and Nelson Sauvin.

Hurt my back at work and was unable to lift a fermenter full of wort for a couple of months. Am now back into it again and popped in to look at a few of the recipes.

I did make Dr Smurto's Golden Ale from full extract before I hurt my back and can say for all the dicking around it was really worth the trouble (phew). Really enjoyed it early on around the 2 week mark when it was fresh and all the hop aromas were fresh. As it aged I found it has lost the volatiles and become less of a fruity beast than it was to start with.

I have continued to make and enjoy tweaking the Spirit of Anzac ale and recommend it to anyone who hasn't made it yet. Forget the dextrose and make a great 1 standard drink beer!!! Beats XXXX Gold any day in my book.

Might try a fruit salad beer at some point.

All the best. Nice to read a few posts and check out the forum again.

G'day Muddy, BillK and weggl.

May the force beer with you

Yes, welcome back TrueBrew. Shame to hear about your back. I did mine a while ago now and buggar me I couldn't even take a crap properly. It is amazing how much you do rely on your back.

I filled my FV in the fridge and ended up getting one of these to lift my kegs into the freezer.

6988745845_501362b2cc.jpg

Good to hear you back on deck now.

Happy brewing!!

Much the same as me TrueBrew. I had lost a computer which stopped me visiting the forums. Now I have the computer back and decided to start using them again now.

Since last time I was here I now have a keg system setup in my bar at home, a temperature controlled fermenting chamber and I now am starting all-grain.

Best news of all though is that I kept brewing, and I still absolutely love (always on tap at home) the two can stout.

Looking forward to getting right back into it.

Welcome back boys [biggrin] glad you back is better TrueBrew and glad you are technology able again Matty.

Everyone is getting all fancy with their brew setups...I'm jealous.

BTW - Where's Weggl? I haven't been around much lately but he seems to have gone AWOL [crying]

Archived