Coopers Community

Mid-Strength recipe advice

hudsonf

hi guys tasted my beer and its better than last week,looks like i did it no harm,and it is carbonizing ok so the met solution didnt do what id intended. ill be drinking the lot in about six or eight weeks. the brew i set two days ago is fermenting well at 14%. i was wondering if any of yous ever dry hopped with aroma hops after a week and leave them in for a few days before bottling.some say just toss three or four hops into the fermenter.or would you put them in a muslin bag. ordinary carlsborg is mild so was wanting to tweek it a wee bit hudson

hi hairy i was getting confused because at 12% i could see nothing happening.there is a white film,and ican see movement,but no crustations or pressure on the lid.i used the yeast supplied with the kit but made starter with my own yeast. dos the ferment need to be vigourous to be a good ferment hudson

i was wondering if any of yous ever dry hopped with aroma hops after a week

all the time, just throw them in (Pellets?) and save the bag for grains later. Best time to use them is about half way through the ferment.

Mate.. You need to start using the Hydrometer to tell you wether Ferment is happening or not.

Leave the LID ON

Surely this is it fermenting

hudson

yeast gods only knows[roll] , but it sure sounds like fermenting is under way, patience....

relax, have some met and chill out [lol]

sorry... couldnt help it...

I thought that link above is mesmerising [ninja]

edit: how about

Archived