Coopers Community

HomeBrew Content Creation, Yay or Nay?

So I'm at abit of a crossroads and would like input/thoughts. 

I want to get into content creation of my home brewing to share my journey. 

Do you think it's a good idea, why/why not?

I will NOT be doing "How To's" etc, as I am definitely not that knowledgeable yet, 
it would be more of a "join me as I brew (insert brew/extract kit name here) and would film the process from day 1 of brew, to taste testing etc. 
Maybe a video or 2 of how and why I got into homebrewing, a brew room tour etc. 

let me know why or why not you think it would make for good viewing?

P.S: Im not thinking of it from a monetisation viewpoint, i dont care if i dont make a cent from it, or brand deals etc, I just wanna share my journey with anybody who'll listen haha. 

Cheers, 
HoratioFrothblower 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Horatio_FrothBlower said:

So I'm at abit of a crossroads and would like input/thoughts. 

I want to get into content creation of my home brewing to share my journey. 

Do you think it's a good idea, why/why not?

I will NOT be doing "How To's" etc, as I am definitely not that knowledgeable yet, 
it would be more of a "join me as I brew (insert brew/extract kit name here) and would film the process from day 1 of brew, to taste testing etc. 
Maybe a video or 2 of how and why I got into homebrewing, a brew room tour etc. 

let me know why or why not you think it would make for good viewing?

P.S: Im not thinking of it from a monetisation viewpoint, i dont care if i dont make a cent from it, or brand deals etc, I just wanna share my journey with anybody who'll listen haha. 

Cheers, 
HoratioFrothblower 

Why not do it?  For me, I would not have the time.  If you can fit it in, then go for it.

@Horatio_FrothBlower I think if your enjoy it it’s worth doing it for your enjoyment and others enjoyment is a side benefit! I’m sure however that there would be plenty of people who would like to watch videos like that, I like to watch videos of others brewing particular beers before I try them, so what the process is like, appearance of final product, tasting notes etc.

54 minutes ago, John304 said:

There was a member on here who used to do brewing videos, “fast home brew”

Yeah, I think that was the bloke from Belair that used to hold up handwritten signs, used to carry on a bit 😉, @king rudigar or something.

• Like 2

@Classic Brewing Co & @John304 haha fair enough, 
I don't plan on doing that. 

I just want to share my journey of homebrewing with as many people as people as possible, 
everyone has their own way of doing things, I definitely won't be blaring on about oh guys new ep has dropped now, or new video coming soon.

Those that want to follow will know by following and getting notified that way etc. 🙂 

28 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

That's him I watched a lot of his videos and they were quick and not all the hoo har that some go on and on and at the end of the day what he was saying worked and was very informative in a short amount of time and sometimes funny

I know he was on this forum as I seen some of his posts but can't remember his user name

• Like 3

@Classic Brewing Co @Back Brewing @Hilltop hops @NBillett09 @John304 @Shamus O'Sean
an update for ya's if you're interested. 

I have secured a Yeast & Hops Supplier Company (local to my area so supporting a local home brew company), 
and without being freebies, they are going to supply me for at Cost price, no tax or postage either, in return for some promo in my content creation. 

which im stoked about 🙂 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Fair Drinkum Brews said:

@Classic Brewing Co @Back Brewing @Hilltop hops @NBillett09 @John304 @Shamus O'Sean
an update for ya's if you're interested. 

I have secured a Yeast & Hops Supplier Company (local to my area so supporting a local home brew company), 
and without being freebies, they are going to supply me for at Cost price, no tax or postage either, in return for some promo in my content creation. 

which im stoked about 🙂 

Mate I say go for it & all the best, however I would tread carefully in the area of recruiting & promoting other suppliers on this forum. 

If I am proven wrong,  I will stand corrected. 

Frank will tell me  if I  am right or wrong I am sure.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

That's him I watched a lot of his videos and they were quick and not all the hoo har that some go on and on and at the end of the day what he was saying worked and was very informative in a short amount of time and sometimes funny

I know he was on this forum as I seen some of his posts but can't remember his user name

He owns a liquor shop in Belair SA.

I do know him but I won't elaborate but I am sure he has helped someone so that's OK.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

He owns a liquor shop in Belair SA.

I do know him but I won't elaborate but I am sure he has helped someone so that's OK.

Huh? The guy has some good videos and certainly has brewing knowledge he probably joined the forum before a lot of us did I really don't get what you are insinuating 

Edited by Back Brewing
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, John304 said:

There was a member on here who used to do brewing videos, “fast home brew”

King Ruddager was his name I think. His videos were quite amusing 🙂 

The only problem I have with such things is that it gets boring after a while. There are only so many times you can watch somebody brew beer, even if it is eye candy like the lady from Flora Brewing. SO people branch out to equipment testing and things like that but it is usually equipment most people cannot afford or have no real use for, so that gets boring too. The tricky bit is to make ever changing content while staying true to yourself and the concept. I've thought about it a few times but cannot come up with something innovative that hasn't been done a thousand times. But then again, I am about as creative as a wheelbarrow full of sand, so I am not surprised.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

King Ruddager was his name I think. His videos were quite amusing 🙂 

The only problem I have with such things is that it gets boring after a while. There are only so many times you can watch somebody brew beer, even if it is eye candy like the lady from Flora Brewing. SO people branch out to equipment testing and things like that but it is usually equipment most people cannot afford or have no real use for, so that gets boring too. The tricky bit is to make ever changing content while staying true to yourself and the concept. I've thought about it a few times but cannot come up with something innovative that hasn't been done a thousand times. But then again, I am about as creative as a wheelbarrow full of sand, so I am not surprised.

There are also a few others on the Internet that do similar & as you say it can get boring just watching someone empty a can of extract & mixing it up.

The other thing that amused me was the lack of hygiene, with mess & spills everywhere, junk & kitchen stuff all over the place, one bloke can't stop pushing his hair back during the whole process. There are others have had kids roaming around getting in the road where there is boiling water etc. I saw another that kept patting the dog in-between handling fermentables, not a good message to put out there, especially on the telly!

Watching the pros like David Heath & Palmer etc. makes a hell of a difference as you can actually learn something.

• Like 2