Coopers Community

Sunday Mornings - What do you do ?

I am wondering how others spend their Sunday mornings, do you get up early & start a brew, wash the car, mow the lawn, walk the dog or do you sleep in?

I have been listening to Australia All Over (Macca) for years on the ABC, his show is from 5.30am - 10am & I usually get up around 7.00-7.30am in this weather but much earlier in the Summer/warmer months. 

Some of my neighbours have kid's sport & other commitments but being single I can do whatever I want which can vary anytime.

A few years ago, a few of my neighbours & mates would meet up at each other's place - a different house each week on a rotation basis about 11.00am.

We called it Sunday School & would all bring a few beers & just sit around a discuss anything from world happenings to utter bs. It was a lot of fun & for those that could stayed for a BBQ & of course more drinks. The downside to this was it pretty well mucked up your day for anything else, especially where driving was involved. 

Eventually we drifted apart but it was fun at the time & these days I tend to get stuff done before any drinks are involved.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am wondering how others spend their Sunday mornings, do you get up early & start a brew, wash the car, mow the lawn, walk the dog or do you sleep in?

I have been listening to Australia All Over (Macca) for years on the ABC, his show is from 5.30am - 10am & I usually get up around 7.00-7.30am in this weather but much earlier in the Summer/warmer months. 

Some of my neighbours have kid's sport & other commitments but being single I can do whatever I want which can vary anytime.

A few years ago, a few of my neighbours & mates would meet up at each other's place - a different house each week on a rotation basis about 11.00am.

We called it Sunday School & would all bring a few beers & just sit around a discuss anything from world happenings to utter bs. It was a lot of fun & for those that could stayed for a BBQ & of course more drinks. The downside to this was it pretty well mucked up your day for anything else, especially where driving was involved. 

Eventually we drifted apart but it was fun at the time & these days I tend to get stuff done before any drinks are involved.

Good old Macca my dad used to listen to him (abc was all we had back then in the bush) and I still do when going to work on Sundays if I had the footy on the night/day before and left the channel on ABC. I was susprised he is still on as he has been on for a long time. Good for people that live on farms etc

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Good old Macca my dad used to listen to him (abc was all we had back then in the bush) and I still do when going to work on Sundays if I had the footy on the night/day before and left the channel on ABC. I was susprised he is still on as he has been on for a long time. Good for people that live on farms etc

Yeah, I remember the days when I was travelling the Outback/remote areas all you could pick up in the car was the ABC, I used to like John Laws as well as Macca on the Sundays.

• Like 1

6am - Cup of coffee. Turn on the computer to check lotto and football results. Usually followed by a few tears because they weren't the results I'd hoped for.
6:30am - As I'm a keen (or perhaps desperate) punter I'll then try my luck on silly race meetings at places like Pleasanton or Los Alamitos in America. This is also usually followed with a few tears.
8am - Wife wakes up and starts talking. My solitude is broken and once again there's tears.
9am - Take Barrie for a walk. No tears just frustration because Barrie has to pi55 on every tree, pole, shrub, fence or letterbox we pass. After 30 minutes of this I'm certain he's only pi55ing dust. One good trait Barrie has is he's like that kid in the American Pie movie, Sh1tbreak. He never sh1ts anywhere but at home. Good for me because I don't have to carry poop bags but I do have to scoop a lot at home. Thanks, Barrie.
9:45am - Wife asks, "What are we doing today?" I reply, "I'm already doing it! Bugger all."😆
10:00am - Head to the shops to stock the pantry. Happy days, chicken mince is on special.
11:30am - Start making chicken sausage rolls.
Noon - Wife leaves to shop at Ikea. My solitude is returned and I'm content.
12:30pm - While I'm in the kitchen I decide to watch a random move on Netflix called Fatherhood and pour myself a stout. I'm more than content.
1:30pm - and 4th pint in, Fatherhood gets emotional. As a father too I also get emotional. The tears are back.
2:30pm - Fatherhood has a good ending and I'm content once more.
3pm - Wife rings and wakes me from a nap to tell me she bought a $150 rug we didn't need. The tears return.
3:15pm - Start prepping lamb leg and vegies for a Weber roast dinner.
5:30pm - It's almost ready. My son and grandpuppy will be here soon for dinner and I'll be content once again.

My life is simple but good. Don't worry about my tears, a lot of this story has been embellished. Happy Sunday everyone. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

40 minutes ago, Beerdo said:

6am - Cup of coffee. Turn on the computer to check lotto and football results. Usually followed by a few tears because they weren't the results I'd hoped for.
6:30am - As I'm a keen (or perhaps desperate) punter I'll then try my luck on silly race meetings at places like Pleasanton or Los Alamitos in America. This is also usually followed with a few tears.
8am - Wife wakes up and starts talking. My solitude is broken and once again there's tears.
9am - Take Barrie for a walk. No tears just frustration because Barrie has to pi55 on every tree, pole, shrub, fence or letterbox we pass. After 30 minutes of this I'm certain he's only pi55ing dust. One good trait Barrie has is he's like that kid in the American Pie movie, Sh1tbreak. He never sh1ts anywhere but at home. Good for me because I don't have to carry poop bags but I do have to scoop a lot at home. Thanks, Barrie.
9:45am - Wife asks, "What are we doing today?" I reply, "I'm already doing it! Bugger all."😆
10:00am - Head to the shops to stock the pantry. Happy days, chicken mince is on special.
12:30pm - While I'm in the kitchen I decide to watch a random move on Netflix called Fatherhood and pour myself a stout. I'm more than content.
1:30pm - and 4th pint in, Fatherhood gets emotional. As a father too I also get emotional. The tears are back.
3pm - Wife rings and wakes me from a nap to tell me she bought a $150 rug we didn't need. The tears return.
5:30pm - It's almost ready. My son and grandpuppy will be here soon for dinner and I'll be content once again.

My life is simple but good. Don't worry about my tears, a lot of this story has been embellished. Happy Sunday everyone. 🙂

Struth Beerdo, that is a busy day, almost like the Gettysburg Address, however it is good you responded, now I am concerned about Malter as your ramblings, sorry your post 😉 didn’t mention him.

I am sure you manage to get yourself through the day as the aforementioned beverage must have been a godsend given the pressure 😁

I would give SWMBO a stern chat about bothering you with such trivial matters & concentrate on assisting you with your day-drinking problem.

No need to thank me mate, just trying to help.  🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Beerdo said:

Thats an excellent read fella, had me in stitches. Good having the grandkids over on the weekend. Well it starts off good, then when they get annoying as hell its time to hand them back to mum and dad. Its that point when they turn from kids into goats and blow your brain up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5