Coopers Community

Hops Rhizomes 2024

G'Day I have returned...

Incase anyone is unaware.

We sell Hops rhizomes all winter from our Adealide hills farm. Shipping Australia wide Ex Tassy and WA/NT due to local quarantine. 

Plenty of varieties available. All produce well if growing advice is followed. We run full aftermarket growing support via a facebook group too. 

We will have more varieties soon. Its been horribly wet so i haven't managed to dig much in the last week or so.

These are all large rhizomes. We have 1000s of happy customers around Australia. 

Currently in stock
Cascade
Centennial
Columbus
Chinook
Warriparri(creek found heirloom)
Pride of Ringwood
Dr Rudi

Hallertau, Target and Jakes Gold, more Columbus and Chinook i will dig later this week. So they should be back in stock next week.

We have shipped thousands without any damage. All come with some basic planting and storage instructions. 

www.silverspringshopsfarm.com.au

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stoobrew said:

G'Day I have returned...

Incase anyone is unaware.

We sell Hops rhizomes all winter from our Adealide hills farm. Shipping Australia wide Ex Tassy and WA/NT due to local quarantine. 

Plenty of varieties available. All produce well if growing advice is followed. We run full aftermarket growing support via a facebook group too. 

We will have more varieties soon. Its been horribly wet so i haven't managed to dig much in the last week or so.

These are all large rhizomes. We have 1000s of happy customers around Australia. 

Currently in stock
Cascade
Centennial
Columbus
Chinook
Warriparri(creek found heirloom)
Pride of Ringwood
Dr Rudi

Hallertau, Target and Jakes Gold, more Columbus and Chinook i will dig later this week. So they should be back in stock next week.

We have shipped thousands without any damage. All come with some basic planting and storage instructions. 

www.silverspringshopsfarm.com.au

No offence intended but I assume you are aware that Coopers sell hops too.

• Haha 1

No offence intended.

Last I checked Coopers sell hops pellets and only hops pellets. I grow whole cone hops and I sell rhizomes for people to grow their own hops.

Coops do not sell hops rhizomes.

Which this is about...growing your own hops yourself... I thought that was blatantly clear by listing HOPS RHIZOMES in the title... but here we are...

🤣

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Stoobrew said:

No offence intended.

Last I checked Coopers sell hops pellets and only hops pellets. I grow whole cone hops and I sell rhizomes for people to grow their own hops.

Coops do not sell hops rhizomes.

Which this is about...growing your own hops yourself... I thought that was blatantly clear by listing HOPS RHIZOMES in the title... but here we are...

🤣

Whatever. 

Have a nice day. 

• Haha 1

@Stoobrew I think the old fella that commented here worded his post wrong. I could only see it offline as I do not follow his content when logged on.

He probably should have said that Coopers have some sort of rule about advertising businesses.

In saying that regulars on here often break the rules by talking about things like Kit Twang and seem to be getting away with it.

Until told otherwise by Coopers I say go for it and good luck.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 1:40 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

No offence intended but I assume you are aware that Coopers sell hops too.

9 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Stoobrew I think the old fella that commented here worded his post wrong. I could only see it offline as I do not follow his content when logged on.

He probably should have said that Coopers have some sort of rule about advertising businesses.

In saying that regulars on here often break the rules by talking about things like Kit Twang and seem to be getting away with it.

Until told otherwise by Coopers I say go for it and good luck.

Well if its still actually here...

Im probably that sort of business that has sold Coopers employees Hops Rhizomes. Like Liam...who I met in 2012!

Just as a thought. If its not fine to advertise itd would have been removed by now. They know they have their job. 

I sell nothing they have a problem with! I sell hops rhizomes to the Australian market from the same state Coopers is brewed! They are good people! Thanks for the concern. I think we're ok!! 😄

Thanks Paul! Legend!

Cheers STOOBREW! 

• Like 1

@Stoobrew, so long as you are not bagging Coopers products or brand and not trying to promote a competitors product or brand then I think you will be fine with this so long as you don't over do it by spamming members and banging on about it every chance you get. 

You have got me thinking, if I decide to continue to live in Melbourne I might just be temped to turn my big veggie patch into a hop patch and place an order for some PoR.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

You have got me thinking, if I decide to continue to live in Melbourne I might just be temped to turn my big veggie patch into a hop patch and place an order for some PoR.

Me too but I’m in WA 🥲

53 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Me too but I’m in WA 🥲

I feel for you @RDT2, I really do.  Could they not seal and fumigate the Rhizomes and supply a certificate for import to WA @Stoobrew ?

A couple of years ago I bought a very large jar of the most magnificent mallee blossom honey from the Red Cliffs (VIC) Sunday market.  Not thinking about it, a week or so later I had to go through the Yamba (SA) border quarantine station to get into SA.  With only veggies and fruit on my mind I forgot all about the big jar of honey.  The SA quarantine inspection officer checked out the fridge and all the cupboards in our caravan and had completed his inspection saying all is good and stepped out the caravan door.  He then turned and asked me, by the way, do you have any honey products?  I said yes as a matter of fact I do and I pointed out the big jar of honey in the very front of the exact cupboard he had previously checked out.   He said unfortunately I have to take that and he was looking for a bit of a rebuff from me but I realized my stupid mistake given all the news about varora mite etc. and said yes you do have to take it I agree 100 %.

Got me wondering why he did not see it in the first place or maybe it was a setup?

Fast forward a year and we were coming back to the east coast from WA and got to Esperance.  We stayed a extra day or so just to attend the market there.  Honey stalls abound and there I also found a magnificent mallee flower honey.  Would have loved to buy up a couple of kg tins but remembering the quarantine station over at Ceduna (SA), I only bought enough to see my toast covered whilst we headed east across the Nullarbor.

Now I am all for the bio-quarantine we have between some states.  We are a big vast country and we need to protect all our primary industries.  Good on SA, TAS and WA for doing the best they can and get full support from me.  If I have to sacrifice a big jar of honey to play my part - so be it.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 3

On 6/27/2024 at 10:22 PM, iBooz2 said:

I feel for you @RDT2, I really do.  Could they not seal and fumigate the Rhizomes and supply a certificate for import to WA @Stoobrew ?

A couple of years ago I bought a very large jar of the most magnificent mallee blossom honey from the Red Cliffs (VIC) Sunday market.  Not thinking about it, a week or so later I had to go through the Yamba (SA) border quarantine station to get into SA.  With only veggies and fruit on my mind I forgot all about the big jar of honey.  The SA quarantine inspection officer checked out the fridge and all the cupboards in our caravan and had completed his inspection saying all is good and stepped out the caravan door.  He then turned and asked me, by the way, do you have any honey products?  I said yes as a matter of fact I do and I pointed out the big jar of honey in the very front of the exact cupboard he had previously checked out.   He said unfortunately I have to take that and he was looking for a bit of a rebuff from me but I realized my stupid mistake given all the news about varora mite etc. and said yes you do have to take it I agree 100 %.

Got me wondering why he did not see it in the first place or maybe it was a setup?

Fast forward a year and we were coming back to the east coast from WA and got to Esperance.  We stayed a extra day or so just to attend the market there.  Honey stalls abound and there I also found a magnificent mallee flower honey.  Would have loved to buy up a couple of kg tins but remembering the quarantine station over at Ceduna (SA), I only bought enough to see my toast covered whilst we headed east across the Nullarbor.

Now I am all for the bio-quarantine we have between some states.  We are a big vast country and we need to protect all our primary industries.  Good on SA, TAS and WA for doing the best they can and get full support from me.  If I have to sacrifice a big jar of honey to play my part - so be it.

I see and accept the need for quarantine but sometimes, things are a little odd. Like when you are on a Plane heading into the country. They serve you breakfast and give you a sealed little portion of butter with "Made in Australia" printed on it. When you arrive, you cannot take this butter into the country. Why? Did the sealed content suddenly get infected with something? If it came from here, why on earth can't it come back if it is unopened? Another funny one is that you see signs within your state, telling you you can't bring fruit across an imaginary line because of fruit flies. I know the dreaded Queensland Fruit Fly is a pain in the neck and has destroyed plenty of chilli harvests in my garden. But Mr. Biosecurity, you do know that fruit flies have wings and can fly? It's kinda in the name. Does the FF stop at the said line? But at least they aren't spraying the planes anymore like they used to 🙂