Coopers Community

My Coopers Anzac Day Pale Ale

After bottling my latest batch of Coopers Aust. Pale Ale this morning; I was in a bit of a trance writing out the labels and realized I had re-named one as Anzac Day Pale Ale! I thought I liked that and that's what half the bottles are now labelled.

20240425_104527[1].jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Very nice Jenny. Very neat writing too.

I've had the odd brew started on certain days. ANZAC, birthday, New Years Eve, St Georges day, but I've never neatly written a label like that.

Mine have barely legible numbers scrawled on the lid.

Edited by Graculus
  • Like 1

Thanks @Graculus, but that is not neat writing! In Primary School I was one of the last years taught to write in 'modified cursive' running writing,  and that sample would have failed.

• Like 1

Congratulations on bringing up the half century, Jenny.

I don't want to tell you how to suck eggs but your label is very detailed. I'd get weary writing all that 30 times. To save this chore I use a free app called Brewtracker and all the details of my brews are stored in it. To label my bottles I just use a liquid pencil and write the batch number on them. If I need info on the brew I simply refer to the app.

Your beer, your choice but I'm a sticky beak and feel compelled to share my "vast" knowledge with you.🤣🤣

• Like 2

On 4/25/2024 at 10:48 AM, jennyss said:

After bottling my latest batch of Coopers Aust. Pale Ale this morning; I was in a bit of a trance writing out the labels and realized I had re-named one as Anzac Day Pale Ale! I thought I liked that and that's what half the bottles are now labelled.

20240425_104527[1].jpg

They look good but as our learned friend @Malter White suggests it is a lot of work, there are a number of companies that sell software/devices that you can print custom labels from your phone & of course from a computer as long as you have Wi-Fi at home.

Below is only one of them & some stores such as Officeworks stock them.

I have been using them for years but not so much of late.

• Like 2