Coopers Community

AFL 2024 season

6 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Oh well @ozdevil  your Blues are dusted for 2024.

atleast the blues didnt get there backsides kicked like those powder puffs you call Port Adelaide 😛🤣

Dont worry   your powder puffs will be beaten by those little birdies  and hinkley will be shown the door  and you will be just like the blues  that just made the numbers

Seriously   though i went in to the game   being realistic  and thought my boys was  a bit under done with  the boys we got back as they didnt have match time in them     was always going to be a tough battle in brisbane.   and  i  couldnt watch  it   not even really scoring to well in the 1st half , but if we played like we did in the last half things may have been different as  brisbane was starting to lose there way and allowed carlton back in

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Jeepers @Pale Man was that a captains goal by Sicily or an umpire review gift mate 🫣

Good game !

I think the umpiring was absolutely deplorable all night against my boys, and we still managed to win.

Hawthorn and Ginivan can go and suck a satchel of phallases. They're sooking about Ken firing up after the game, can give it but cant take it. Big cry babies.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I think the umpiring was absolutely deplorable all night against my boys, and we still managed to win.

Hawthorn and Ginivan can go and suck a satchel of phallases. They're sooking about Ken firing up after the game, can give it but cant take it. Big cry babies.

What a great way to say they can go and eat a bag of Richard’s 😉😂

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

those little birdies called swans i meant

Its a really interesting season - If GWS can get over the Brizzy Lions today, and then go on and beat Geelong, there will be no Victorian teams left in the comp for 2024 - HIPPIP HORRAY! (HEE - shot by their our ball of poo eh! 🥳)
We might even end up with the two Sydney based clubs in the finals (sorry @Pale Man) - Playing that game in Victoria.  I guess that'd make tickets easily gotten 😉
Amazing ...

Carn the Eagles 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Its a really interesting season - If GWS can get over the Brizzy Lions today, and then go on and beat Geelong, there will be no Victorian teams left in the comp for 2024 - HIPPIP HORRAY! (HEE - shot by their our ball of poo eh! 🥳)
We might even end up with the two Sydney based clubs in the finals (sorry @Pale Man) - Playing that game in Victoria.  I guess that'd make tickets easily gotten 😉
Amazing ...

Carn the Eagles 🙃

haha  it wouldbe funny really  , it might get victoria out of some serious debt  having to interstate clubs  in melbourne  playing the GF.

however though you are forgetting something  there is alot of melbournians  have a soft spot for the swans  specially around pt melbourne and South Melbourne , As Sydney swans used to be South Melbourne swans

So i guess Sydney can be the honorary   victorian club in the G.F  

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Yeah sure.......we'll see anyway 😁  It will be a mighty effort for us to make the GF, but we have shown now we can play finals footy. Hawthorn are a tidy unit.

i think any side going to Sydney next weekend was facing a battle  against those over grown ducks they call swans.   

you won a final by the skin of ya teeth  and ya saying you guys can play footy finals.  you guys was worse then carlton last week  and the only reason you guys played this week was bcuase ya finished top 4 .   if you guys was sitting pretty where those kittens are   i might agree with you.

yes those budgies called the hawks are a tidy unit but i wish they would rid sicily and ginnivan to retirement i cant stand either them dofuses  

but to your powder puffs well done mate  in winning a flight up to sydney to play the swans.. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

i think any side going to Sydney next weekend was facing a battle  against those over grown ducks they call swans.   

you won a final by the skin of ya teeth  and ya saying you guys can play footy finals.  you guys was worse then carlton last week  and the only reason you guys played this week was bcuase ya finished top 4 .   if you guys was sitting pretty where those kittens are   i might agree with you.

We were huge underdogs last night. Our entire half back line out. Bookies odds were something like $3 to $1.50 Hawthorns way, nobody expected Port to win.

And as far as beating Sydney, we have our backs against the wall but they haven't beaten us in any home and away game for over 8 years. Its going to be an interesting game.

Yes the only reason we get to play again is because we finished top 4, top 2 in fact and earnt every right to play again. Footy is a funny game. Dont be surprised of any result next week. 

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

We were huge underdogs last night. Our entire half back line out. Bookies odds were something like $3 to $1.50 Hawthorns way, nobody expected Port to win.

And as far as beating Sydney, yes we have our backs against the wall but they haven't beaten us in any home and away game for over 8 years. Its going to be an interesting game.

Yes the only reason we get to play again is because we finished top 4, top 2 in fact and earnt every right to play again. Footy is a funny game. Dont be surprised of any result next week. 

yeah Someone very close to me  expected powder puffs to win and becuase i relegated her to the tin shed to watch the game i had to sleep in the dog house 

it will be  well i think you cant take it as easy   as finals your really out there to win ,  they are going fully fit where powder puffs will be undone yeah you guys are the under dogs  for that very reason  .   i wouldnt say your team played there best game last night and i think your powder puffs are a fair bit off  there best game.     

look everyone who made finals deserved to be there    while ya still in the race you have a chance the finals  can be brutal and there will be some  nerves  next week   as its all or nothing    you win you play for the holy grail   you lose your just like the other losers 

either way i dont care who wins  next week,  becuase if the kittens demolish  who ever wins out of gws or brisbane , and the kitty cats  played like last weekend there likely to take the holy grail ..   that will be a tough call if its the kitty cats vs the powder puffs 

but paley  i wish ya team the best for next week  and if powder puffs make it to the gf then  i am going to have 2 powder puffs in the house lol

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

they are going fully fit where powder puffs will be undone

becuase if the kittens demolish  who ever wins out of gws or brisbane 

I wouldnt say Sydney are fully fit. Their Captain will miss with a hamstring, also does the week off make a team complacent?

I expect GWS to win tonight, and if I were Geelong I'd be a bit scared. They are due to go deep.

My tip is GWS v Sydney or Port GF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

I wouldnt say Sydney are fully fit. Their Captain will miss with a hamstring, also does the week off make a team complacent?

I expect GWS to win tonight, and if I were Geelong I'd be a bit scared. They are due to go deep.

there can be 2 ways to look at my friend with the week off and  those that have to play hard to get there   and i am sure that muppet hinkley  wanted to be where geelong are sitting and not have to battle every rd in the finals .

the captain is 1 person  he is not the team  

the other hand complacency  can happen and has happened to alot of teams  that have that week off 

i am not writing GWS off  as they have been solid most of the season  however  toby greene needs to fire up tonight like the toby greene we all know  as lately he has been kept rather quite and this could make or break gws

i still think it will be the catsvs Sydney   .. i think Port has to  many  passengers  or injuries and are not playing there ultimate footy 
but luck is what port will need

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

there can be 2 ways to look at my friend with the week off and  those that have to play hard to get there   and i am sure that muppet hinkley  wanted to be where geelong are sitting and not have to battle every rd in the finals .

the captain is 1 person  he is not the team  

the other hand complacency  can happen and has happened to alot of teams  that have that week off 

i am not writing GWS off  as they have been solid most of the season  however  toby greene needs to fire up tonight like the toby greene we all know  as lately he has been kept rather quite and this could make or break gws

i still think it will be the catsvs Sydney   .. i think Port has to  many  passengers  or injuries and are not playing there ultimate footy 
but luck is what port will need

I like what you post and are obviously knowledgeable with your AFL. I wear my heart on my sleeve and hang on to hope. See what pans out. It's exciting for a footy fan.

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I like what you post and are obviously knowledgeable with your AFL. I wear my heart on my sleeve and hang on to hope. See what pans out. It's exciting for a footy fan.

cheers pale man  , i look at things realisticly  with a bit of hope  mate   lose that hope you are left with nothing haha 

its great you wear ya heart on ya sleeve and why shouldnt you mate.    i am the same with the blues mate i am a cotterie member of the blues  since  moving from Adelaide to melbourne   , i was also part of the past and present players group   years ago (dont ask how i got to be a part of that)   cant afford to give my membership up otherwise i will have to go back on a waiting list and i hhave very good seats at the G and marvel stadium   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Well there goes my predictions straight out the window. Brisbane!!!!

I'm glad i dont bet. 

• Haha 1