Coopers Community

What bands / artists have you seen live over the years ?

On 9/8/2024 at 12:25 PM, Aussiekraut said:

Because I mentioned WWI before...

Sorry, the video is a little crap. I saw them on this tour but unfortunately not at the Hammersmith Odeon. 

My favourite Magnum song ever, and my favourite album Wings of Heaven. 🙌🙌

• Like 3

Great concert last night for Maiden, was a little disappointed in the set list though.

No Seventh Son, Powerslave, Aces High or Run to the Hills.

The band were firing on all cylinders though, a credit to them. 
‘Highlight for me was Fear of the Dark. 
‘Picked up 2 t-shirts and a stubby cooler. 
‘Next up for me is Hammerfall in January 2025. 

• Like 5

On 9/11/2024 at 8:47 AM, Red devil 44 said:
On 9/11/2024 at 8:47 AM, Red devil 44 said:

Great concert last night for Maiden, was a little disappointed in the set list though.

No Seventh Son, Powerslave, Aces High or Run to the Hills.

The band were firing on all cylinders though, a credit to them. 
‘Highlight for me was Fear of the Dark. 
‘Picked up 2 t-shirts and a stubby cooler. 
‘Next up for me is Hammerfall in January 2025. 

IMG_0730.mov

Youre not a true Maiden fan if you were disappointed with that set list. It was amazing. You cant expect them to keep on pandering your every wish list songs........they have zillions of songs that are amazing and they'd like to put it out there. 

Power Slave is my favourite album. Not one song from that album. Do you know what I dont give a poo. They were unbelievable. To the point converted my wife to be a Maiden fan. Fear Of The Dark, Death To Celtics and The Trooper really??? I'd pay big bucks for that. 

Iron Maiden arent a band, they are an institution. To have the privilege of seeing them live........ill die happy.

Edited just now by Pale Man

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Youre not a true Maiden fan if you were disappointed with that set list. It was amazing. You cant expect them to keep on pandering your every wish list songs........they have zillions of songs that are amazing and they'd like to put it out there. 

Power Slave is my favourite album. Not one song from that album. Do you know what I dont give a poo. They were unbelievable. To the point converted my wife to be a Maiden fan. Fear Of The Dark, Death To Celtics and The Trooper really??? I'd pay big bucks for that. 

Iron Maiden arent a band, they are an institution. To have the privilege of seeing them live........ill die happy.

Yes and no 🙂 

Bruce Dickinson once said that if Iron Maiden doesn't make new music, then there is no Iron Maiden.  I'm not sure if I agree with this tbh. People don't go to an Iron Maiden show to listen to the last few albums, just like nobody goes to a Stones gig to hear "Angry" but all the old songs people know. I wouldn't want to see Guns'n'Roses to hear songs from "Chinese Democracy". If Metallica promised only to play songs from their first 5 albums, I'd possibly go and see them but playing all the new stuff? Yeah nah. 

While I agree that IM has a helluva lot of songs to play,  I also must say that some of the latter albums weren't that great and when I hear things like "Satellite 15...The Final Frontier", the opening track(s) from the Final Frontier album, then my ears start to bleed. On the other hand, one has to acknowledge that they did go on tours where they only played the old stuff and at the same time said that this would be the last time they played these songs live. 

Iron Maiden is an institution and I wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't play old songs but I'd certainly like to see them played if they did. 

Either way you see it: Up the Irons!

• Like 4

On 9/15/2024 at 12:33 AM, Pale Man said:

Each to their own, everyone is entitled to their own opinion@Pale Man, but having 15 t-shirts, stubby coolers, hats, key ring, mouse pad, beer glasses etc, if that isn’t being supportive of your band and a true fan, then I don’t know what is. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

‘Don’t get me wrong they were amazing and still full of energy. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Each to their own, everyone is entitled to their own opinion@Pale Man, but having 15 t-shirts, stubby coolers, hats, key ring, mouse pad, beer glasses etc, if that isn’t being supportive of your band and a true fan, then I don’t know what is. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

‘Don’t get me wrong they were amazing and still full of energy. 

Yes fair enough. I wasn't so much having a go at you, you're obviously a real fan. I was disappointed in quite a lot of people that went and said they wished they didn't waste their money because they didn't play this song or that song.

The set list was released well before they toured here from memory and I was pretty excited by it.

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Yes fair enough. I wasn't so much having a go at you, you're obviously a real fan. I was disappointed in quite a lot of people that went and said they wished they didn't waste their money because they didn't play this song or that song.

The set list was released well before they toured here from memory and I was pretty excited by it.

Yeah, all good mate 👍

• Like 1

So I'm a sucker for live music. Tickets secured for this. IceHouse another bucket list.

Wolf Mother........interesting band.

Noiseworks speak for themselves. Cracking band.

Me and the Mrs on camping chairs. Will be cool after what shes been through.

River.webp

• Like 1