Coopers Community

2024 Calendar for Brewing

What is your brewing calendar for brewing in 2024?

* Are you going to brew more.

* Are going to brew less.

* Are you going to try different recipes.

* Are you going to upgrade/buy more equipment.

* Are you happy with your current set-up.

* What goals do you have.

VK4JZdH.thumb.jpg.f3a2d88a9db0f05419156407ab2b679c.jpg

• Like 1

Hmmmm. Big questions 🙂 

What I plan to do is not always what I actually do but I'll try:

- Develop more beers into mid-strength beers and stay as true to the original as possible
- Brew more bigger batches and keep half as FWKs
- brew a little more season specific, to avoid having only But Brown, Irish Red and Märzen available during 30+C Summers and maybe have those closer to Winter (yes, I am an impulse brewer 🙂

- No upgrades are planned. This year's upgrades were expensive enough for 2 years 🙂 Although I may get another 2 kegs at some point.
- Lots of different recipes. I love experimenting. 
- I'm still getting to know the BrewZilla but generally, yes. Or am I? Are we ever?
- Goal? Improve my process, improve those beers that weren't great and make heaps more good beers, light or strong. 
- Take over the worl....pst, be quiet! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1. I will more or less brew more or less
  2. See above
  3. Always
  4. The only thing I want is a Brewzilla 65L system.  If I get one, then I will need a bigger fermenter, bigger fermenting fridge, more kegs, etc.  Actually, my fermenting freezer just died.  SWMBO made me get a brand new fridge as a replacement.  No second-hand stuff that might burn the house down.  Got a Westinghouse 240L full fridge.  Should fit a 60 litre fermenter no worries.  Already carbonating kegs in it.
  5. Otherwise happy with my current set-up.
  6. I want to build a brewing studio.  However, I think that dream is on hold (see SWMBO).
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1. Probably brew about the same (15 brews in my first year) as I’m the one doing most of the consuming 😅

2. yes keep trying new recipes, maybe re try a couple of the best ones from last year again also.

3. I am keen to upgrade from KnB to BZ 35 G4, but it depends on how our housing situation develops over the next 3 months (both funds and space wise).

4. No it was a good place to start but now I need a more organized place with freedom to brew what how and when I want.

5. Goals would be move into new house and create a small scale organize brewing setup, and then second goal would be buy a BZ35 G4 with the necessary bits and just elevate the whole brewing experience. Long term goal afterwards would be kegging and kegerator setup. Probably not this year though.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:
  1. I will more or less brew more or less
  2. See above
  3. Always
  4. The only thing I want is a Brewzilla 65L system.  If I get one, then I will need a bigger fermenter, bigger fermenting fridge, more kegs, etc.  Actually, my fermenting freezer just died.  SWMBO made me get a brand new fridge as a replacement.  No second-hand stuff that might burn the house down.  Got a Westinghouse 240L full fridge.  Should fit a 60 litre fermenter no worries.  Already carbonating kegs in it.
  5. Otherwise happy with my current set-up.
  6. I want to build a brewing studio.  However, I think that dream is on hold (see SWMBO).

Come on Shamus, you know you want it. 😀

• Haha 2