Coopers Community

THOMAS COOPERS BREW A IPA - alcohol content

500mania

If he is talking about the 2 X Aus pale ale tins and 1 X light malt with 50 grams of EKG hops? 

Coopers quote this as 7.1% in bottle made to 23 litres? If that's the one you mean it's on the recepie page. 

I don't think I have seen a recepie yet where it does not quote the expected ABV. If you have not seen the recepie page have a navigation of the site there are heaps you can look at and try.

11 hours ago, 500mania said:

HI. I'm a newbie and I like IPA style beers

What is the alcohol content of beer with the standard recipe?

Thanks 

Hey mate, welcome to the forum.

I haven't made any Kits 'n'Bits in a while but generally, I'd say to expect somewhere around the 4.7% in the bottle. From what I hear, the kit ferments out at about 4.3% and bottle conditioning adds another 0.4-0.5%. Others may be able to give you a better estimate though. There are a few factors that have a say in the final gravity and by extension alcohol content.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 7:17 AM, Aussiekraut said:

Hey mate, welcome to the forum.

I haven't made any Kits 'n'Bits in a while but generally, I'd say to expect somewhere around the 4.7% in the bottle. From what I hear, the kit ferments out at about 4.3% and bottle conditioning adds another 0.4-0.5%. Others may be able to give you a better estimate though. There are a few factors that have a say in the final gravity and by extension alcohol content.

For an 11 litre brew?

On 12/8/2023 at 6:02 AM, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

If he is talking about the 2 X Aus pale ale tins and 1 X light malt with 50 grams of EKG hops? 

Coopers quote this as 7.1% in bottle made to 23 litres? If that's the one you mean it's on the recepie page. 

I don't think I have seen a recepie yet where it does not quote the expected ABV. If you have not seen the recepie page have a navigation of the site there are heaps you can look at and try.

How is this even standard?

58 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

How is this even standard?

asking the wrong person all I was doing is asking if that is the recipe he is referring to. If so that is the recepie on their page so the standard would have to be how they have the recepie unchanged?

Ok after this I had a look at the kit range and there is a tin called brew A IPA which I did not know. I looked in the recepie section and found the recepie Brew A which is why I thought he meant that brew. 

You are right they don't return for days or if they do don't reply to the help they have been given. Makes me think twice about wasting my time also.

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

asking the wrong person all I was doing is asking if that is the recipe he is referring to. If so that is the recepie on their page so the standard would have to be how they have the recepie unchanged?

Ok after this I had a look at the kit range and there is a tin called brew A IPA which I did not know. I looked in the recepie section and found the recepie Brew A which is why I thought he meant that brew. 

You are right they don't return for days or if they do don't reply to the help they have been given. Makes me think twice about wasting my time also.

Yeah fair enough, that was my whole point. I think I've got my bover boots on today. Why ask a question, with no information to help us help, then never to return. Wearing my fingers out on the keyboard for nothing. Its on the list of things that irk me but shouldnt.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

If so that is the recepie on their page so the standard would have to be how they have the recepie unchanged?

I looked in the recepie section and found the recepie Brew A which is why I thought he meant that brew. 

Recipe

• Haha 3