Coopers Community

Coopers Real Ale

I recently brewed a batch of the Coopers Real Ales using the standard recipe of a tin of Real Ale extract and 1Kg of Enhancer #2.   While the taste was good (after about 10 weeks), I am just thinking of how I can improve on this beer using either different malts or hops?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Like 2

You could have a look at the Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet and search for recipes that use the same base. The spreadsheet is pretty good, you would just need to select the Real Ale in the Can 1 column and all the recipes with that as Can 1 will be shown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two Blokes Brewing said:

I recently brewed a batch of the Coopers Real Ales using the standard recipe of a tin of Real Ale extract and 1Kg of Enhancer #2.   While the taste was good (after about 10 weeks), I am just thinking of how I can improve on this beer using either different malts or hops?

I used the Real Ale in a brew dry hopped with 25g of Galaxy and 25g of Cascade.  It was tasty-as.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Two Blokes Brewing said:

I have always added at least 500gm of LDM & or 200gm of Carapils, steeped for 30 minutes & it is always great.

Even after 2-3 weeks it is great to drink,  especially kegged.

• Like 2