Coopers Community

I can't find StarSan steriliser in Sydney

Trumboli

As Muddy said, you can get Iodophor in Sydney. I use Starsan but they both do the same job and one is just as good as the other.

Alternatively you don't have to order things over the internet, you can order over the phone as well. Nevertheless, this won't change the p&h fee of course.

easier isnt the issue mate, these sanitisers we use are no rinse (at the correct volumes), bleach you need to rinse thereby (some argue) negating the sanitation as you have just 'possibly' introduced / increased bacterial infection load / risk. These sanitisers are industry leading and well... just the ducks guts... I think the only drawback is with iodophor some people complain that after a while the iodophor (iodine compound) can start to stain the FV, starsan is clear and bubbles like a 10 fat people in a spa... er.. which is a good thing actually, just a bad analogy.. [lol]

I prefer Starsan, better shelf life when mixed too I 'think', dont quote me on it though I just may be wrong

Yob

Hi, does anyone know where I can buy StarSan in Sydney. Readily available in Qld and Vic I believe. I prefer not to buy over Internet with hiked up delivery charges and waiting time etc.

regards

Wayne, can you get Brewshield by Copper Tun, it is a no rinse formulation.

Cheers,

Peter

I just bought some of this and am about to use it when sanitising for my 2nd brew.

How do you guys use it? Just put it in a spray bottle and spray it all over the FV and collar? Thats what i was planning on doing as well as soaking the tap for a few minutes.

Thanks a lot!

J.

Dont forget to pull the tap apart and clean, nasties can easily hide in between the 2 parts amd the silicone seal should also be removed during cleaning.

To do so, half open the tap amd place the spout on the kitchen bench, put the handle of a wooden spoon down the shark amd give it a sharp whack, the parts will seperate easily amd can be effectively cleaned and sanitised

Yob

I just bought some of this and am about to use it when sanitising for my 2nd brew.

How do you guys use it? Just put it in a spray bottle and spray it all over the FV and collar? Thats what i was planning on doing as well as soaking the tap for a few minutes.

Thanks a lot!

J.

What did you buy, Brewshield, Starsan or Iodophor?

I use Starsan and all I do after I napisan everything and rinse I just spray it. Contact time for Starsan is 30 seconds but I leave it for a minute anyway.

As Yob previously posted, this stuff foams up quite easily and when it does then DON'T FEAR IT!

Thanx guys for the speedy replies to my StarSan query. Being new here I did not expect replies so soon, although I was hoping. It still makes me wonder why with all the homebrew suppliers in NSW and particularly Sydney why no one stocks StarSan!!

I use brewclean to clean my gear, i just spray my used equipment let it sit for a 10 minutes and wipe out with a clean chux. I buy it by the litre and dilute it and it lasts ages. For sanitising i spray everything that opens and shuts with Starsan, i leave my tap parts soaking in a little. I bought some saniclean by mistake a while back, same stuff really but it doesnt foam and you use 2x the amount. I use the saniclean to soak my bottles in when taking labels off old beer bottles or after drinking a few store boughts or my own brews, rinse bottle leave soaking, means they are getting a good clean and a sterilize.

Archived