Coopers Community

Ant attack.

DavidW15

As a born again brewer I was surprised when my Coopers kit had no airlock on it. All the info on the net seemed to say that the collar system was a winner. I came home tonight to find my fermenter under siege from an ant colony. Any answers from the brew crew.

What an "Ant-i-climax" the brew has turned into then. [pinched]

Nope, in all seriousness, I am sorry to hear your misfortune and Ant-icipate that you should be able to avoid the ant-ic next time.

Sorry, I will stop the Ant-agonism and will up the Ant-i next time. [pinched]

And, before you get all frAntic, and Antsy in you pAntsy, just know, Bill never meAnt to laugh at your blatAnt misfortune, he just needed to have a rAnt, so there's no need for a tAntrum just yet. . .

You cAnt let the persistAnt little buggers get to you, just plAnt a few traps around, maybe water and detergeAnt, and don't be scAnt about it, keep them straight, not on a slAnt, this should be a semi-permenAnt Ant deterAnt, and will give you an importAnt advAntage against your manifestAnts. . .

If the FV hasn't been resistAnt to their attack, and they've defiAntly settled dominAntly under the lid, you'll have to decAnt that brew and start again. . . don't be too grievAnt, I guarAntee your inhabitAnts will soon be hesitAnt to come back. . .

Problem should then be instAntly solved. . .[rightful] and you can get on with some magnificAnt Coopers brews!

Happy brewing![biggrin]

brilli-ant... all these posts have been f-ant-astic

What you probably need is some repell-ant or maybe spray with disinfect-ant..

Seriously though, a good wipe on the outside of the FV, they are probably coming for some spilled sugar.

[whistling

The brew has come away fairly unscathed me thinks [roll] . The ants had started to work their way under the krausen kollar but not in massive numbers. I cleaned the outside of the FV and I have decided to go with the tub of water idea for now. The gravity has finished falling so after tomorrows check (2nd) it may be time to bottle. As most of the reply's seem to come from Southern states (mexicans [biggrin] ) this problem must be a tropical climate thing. Thanks to all for the helpful ANTsers [innocent]

Archived