Coopers Community

australianbitter

glend3

I brewed it once when it first came out, I haven't done one since and I don't remember what it was like. That doesn't mean a lot though, my brewing methods have changed a fair birt since then, I may well try one again when I get somewhere I can access product more easily without having to mortgage my house to get it! I don't remember it being bad enough to say I would never brew it again though.

It's actually not that bad, but for the price I wouldn't bother going to all the trouble the back of the can says. Just use a BE2(brew enhancer #2) some will think differently but this brew is not bad done this way. It's like an upscale version of the Canadian Blonde or think of it as Foster's with a little bit of polish...Crown Lager. Get my drift?[innocent]

To me it tasted like a fresher version of VB. Not that great though.

Having said that, add some chocolate malt, and late additions of Fuggles, EK Goldings or styrian goldings and you will get a much better result.

A post on this beer kit from about 2 years ago:

Thirsty started a thread about a VB recipe.

I remember the homebrew sales manager, at the time, telling me he wanted the Thomas Coopers Australian Bitter beer kit to be like VB. I said, "no worries" and immediately set about trying to develop something like a MB because that was my beer of choice when I drank this type of bevvie in my early 20's. [ninja]

Final result analyses very close to MB but as for the taste - some say it's just like MB while others say it's nothing like it. [whistling

A post on this beer kit from about 2 years ago:

Thirsty started a thread about a VB recipe.

I remember the homebrew sales manager, at the time, telling me he wanted the Thomas Coopers Australian Bitter beer kit to be like VB. I said, "no worries" and immediately set about trying to develop something like a MB because that was my beer of choice when I drank this type of bevvie in my early 20's. [ninja]

Final result analyses very close to MB but as for the taste - some say it's just like MB while others say it's nothing like it. [whistling

You're really not selling it to me Paul [sick] - But I guess there is a market for it.

...and then quickly work out that they can make a better one!!! and never drink their old faithful again unless they run out of delicious home brewed nectar...

[lol] [lol] [lol]

thankfully I can still edit this..

We as homebrewers are not constrained by accountants but rather our own wallets or tastes, we do not have to reach certain targets and volumes to make a 'profit' from our brews but can make them tailored to our own preference.. we can use real hops, flowers or pellets and not isohop extract... we can even grow our own hops... we generally do not care if a brew costs a bit more per litre to make as long as it is what we want and enjoy...

mass produced beer or homebrew? No question which one wins hands down every time..

though I do enjoy a nice Sierra Nevada Pale Ale every so often[bandit]

Archived