Coopers Community

Different ways to search this forum....

This is mainly directed to the admins of this forum. However, if anyone else know of various ways then please feel free to reply.

In regards to doing a search on this forum, is there a way to create different results from the same search?

What I mean for example is:

How to find topics from a member.

How to find posts from certain members.

Limit a date range to search... i.e. say all posts relating to a topic in 2011.

Why I want to know is.... I tried searching for a post I did earlier this year on reusing yeast from a trub. However, when I run various searches I get in excess of 200 results. A lot of which relate to the same threads. Rather than go through each individual result I want to "fine tune" the result.

How can this be done?

Nah that won't work either... [biggrin]

There must be some way to fine tune a search. I just did a search on Yeast Cake and come up with 2578 results on 258 pages and the worse part is you actually have to go through page by page. There is an option to jump pages but it won't allow you to do it.

SOooooooo FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the admins could introduce an advanced search section. This could include:

-Posted by

-When posted (a range of 2 dates)

-what section the article was posted.

Some of these could be tricky to setup but all the data would be there and it would even be able to be used on existing articles.

Not sure if this would work but you could use google and type "site:coopers.com.au" then what you are searching for. You can then sort it by date.[unsure]

Bill

As Raider said the tool is already there, google. Just type talk coopers and then what your looking for. I did it with talk coopers Dr Smurto and got a stack of results, even one of my own posts.

And I just tried this one by typing in talk coopers reusing yeast from a trub. Your post is in the second returned result.

Cheers

Currently, the "admins" and/or "mods" is just me [roll]

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier on this Bill. I normally have a look at the forum once or twice during my w/e (Fri-Sun) but I've been a bit pre-occupied with a daughter who had her wisdoms out on Friday [pinched] She hasn't recovered too well.

Will pass your suggestions on to the site developers. The search function is flagged as needing improvement in the next phase of the site.

Archived