Coopers Community

What to make

BakersAle

Hello fella brewers,

I got given to me a can aust pale ale, Mexican cerveza, canadian blonde, can of lme and dme.

I also went bought cascade hops amarillo hops and centennial hops, hallartau hops in the freezer. What would some of my fella brewers recommended to make, one more thing i bought some us 05 yeast

what quanties should i use them at

It would work well with Cascade. However you will have to recalculate the amounts.

Cascade has a low AA%, probably half that of Centennial so you will be using much more to achieve the same level of bitterness.

And you will have to change the name to Cascadarillo.

Might have to do one of these for an Xmas street party we are having with all the neighbours, myself and another neighbour home brewer are going to supply the grog [rightful]

Have now put this in my recipe folder..

I was thinking of making a centenarillo' date=' but my lhbs doesn't have centennial in stock, would Cascade be a reasonable substitute?[/quote']

Damien, Centennial is reminiscent of cascade in some ways but you will miss all the magic of centenarillo ale by making a cascarillo ale.

I'd strongly suggest ordering some. I get mine from craftbrewer in QLD for very reasonable freightage (is that a word?).

I was thinking of making a centenarillo' date=' but my lhbs doesn't have centennial in stock, would Cascade be a reasonable substitute?[/quote']

Damien, Centennial is reminiscent of cascade in some ways but you will miss all the magic of centenarillo ale by making a cascarillo ale.

I'd strongly suggest ordering some. I get mine from craftbrewer in QLD for very reasonable freightage (is that a word?).

I'll look at ordering that for next time then. In the meantime I'm going to make an IPA with the Amarillo and Cascade I have now. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Allan,

I reckon the Can. Blonde With Cascade goes really well together.[love] This is one of my 'House Brews'. The kit with 1.5Kg LME and 25g Cascade Dry hopped. I also have made a toucan Can. Blonde with 500g Honey and 84g of late Cascade. This one is a big blast of hops. At 8 months in the bottle it is really nice. Too bad I only have a few bottles left.

Try the Mex Cervasa With 500g honey, 1Kg Ldm and 500g fresh ginger with a 20min boil of 28g Cascade to 25L. This makes an nice Ginger beer.

If I were you I'd hold on to those Amarillos to go with some Centenials[cool]

• 3 weeks later...

Today i put down a canadian blonde with a pilsen light lme made from Briess CBW, i added to a 4litre boil 30g cascade hops @20mins then i steeped 10gms cascade @ 0mins used us 05 yeast made to 23 litres the remp was 23C when i pitched the yeast s.g reading was 1040

Today i put down a canadian blonde

Did she have a broken leg? Only kidding, you don't need a reason.

This looks like a nice drop. A flavoursome light coloured ale.

What temp will you ferment at? Will you get it below 23 degrees? 18-20 degrees would be perfect.

Archived