Coopers Community

Help No 2

weggl

Hi Warren - Replace the code you are using for you pic with the following:

[##URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/warrenann088.jpg/][img##]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9505/warrenann088.jpg[/img##][/url##]

and it should look like this:

warrenann088.jpg

BE SURE TO REMOVE ALL THE HASHES (##) I HAVE PUT IN (or it will just display as text).

Paul I aint got a smaller one, will this one do? 50 years later.

Look like I need another lesson, how to make it smaller, the photo I mean![innocent]

Warren, it wasn't the content of the photo that was an issue, it was the size of the photo. If you use the size that Muddy has done for you there shouldn't be any issues [biggrin]

There are free online programs that will resize photos for you. Just use one of those [happy]

One more required, how do you get those white boxes with someone's quote in them?

I need "Forums for dummies".[pinched]

Warren

Just use the "Quote" button on the side of the post you want to quote and it will do it for you. You can delete or edit the text in the quote as you see fit... eg. in the above quote I did from your post, if I remove your name and some of the text then it will just be a white box with "Forums for dummies" in it... like....

Forums for dummies

lol ok I cheated here and just used the quote and /quote commands but at least you get the idea [cool]

Yea used the quote button, just get the quote but not in a white box. Need more training, might have to go to TAFE

(Just use the "Quote" button on the side of the post you want to quote and it will do it for you. You can delete or edit the text in the quote as you see fit... eg. in the above quote I did from your post, if I remove your name and some of the text then it will just be a white box with "Forums for dummies" in it... like....)

Hrrmm that doesn't make sense. The Quote even come up with bracket signs )(!!

Ok then try this... just click on the quote button then don't touch it and post the result. This should display exactly the message you quoted in a white box.

Ok then try this... just click on the quote button then don't touch it and post the result. This should display exactly the message you quoted in a white box.

This could be the big breakthrough! Thanks Bill.

This could be the big breakthrough! Thanks Bill.

Woohoo... great!!

Now if you want to get speccie you can type your own.... just use the commands {quote} at the start and {/quote} at the end but replace the { & } with [ & ].

If you do what you did previously just take a look at the quote command in the message to see how it is used.

If you remove the last line of code it will be even better - The bit with "uploaded by imageshack".

[roll] I agree 100% [innocent]

Get rid of the "uploaded by..." bit and I'll be happy [rightful] - It bugs and I don't know why...is there a doctor in the house [alien]

I have an Imageshack account, its free, if you havent done so sign up,it lets me direct link without the extra code. I also have my own server with my own coppermine photo gallery on it, but i am about to give it the boot after 7yrs, seeing as i dont run my own forums anymore.

Archived