Coopers Community

I'm so excited!!.... Not long now for the freezer

Well the freezer I am converting is coming along quite nicely. However, one side has runs all through it where I rushed during the week at night trying to spray it so will need to sand it down again.

The collar and trolley are made but still needs the holes drilled in the collar for the taps and CPBF. I have decided to go with 5 taps rather than 8 and the best part is..... I received the taps today, 5 x SS Celli's [love] I will get the CPBF at Xmas.

I am also yet to receive my new electric hoist but now I will also need to figure some sort of mount for it.

I'll post pics when completed in the brewery thread.

Good stuff Bill. It sounds like you are about to wet your pants[happy]

What will you use the electric hoist for? Is it for your BIAB setup?

I look forward to seeing the pics.

Yes, the hoist will be for lifting and suspending the bag for BIAB setup. Also for lifting full kegs in the freezer. A full corny weighs about 24kg and I would have to lift that above the collar on the freezer which is about 1300 from the ground and I am not getting any younger these days.

I could also use it for other things, not thought of yet, if need be as it has a 250kg capacity.

Bill singing to his freezer!

I want to love you, feel you, wrap myself around you

I want to squeeze you, please you, I just can't get enough

And if you move real slow I let it go

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it

I know I know I know I know I know I want you

LMAO... you actually made me sing along while reading [pinched]

SWMBO wasn't too happy with me last weekend as I spent most of it working on the freezer. I have the Blue and White stripe theme happening now after a bit of stuffing around running back and forth for more paint. Basically where I had masked of the white paint, to do the blue stripes, the paper had leached onto the white [pinched] I had to redo that but it's looking pretty cool now.

I have drilled 5 holes for the Cellis and have all taps waiting to be fitted. I was tossing up whether to varnish or paint the collar but the wood was too good to paint so I have gone with the varnish. 3 sides have 3 coats now and 1 side will have its 2nd coat tonight. 3rd coat tomorrow night, then I will have a look at attaching it to the freezer on Saturday if I don't do a 4th coat of varnish before hand. I'll drill the hole for the CPBF when I get it around Christmas time.

The only things I am waiting for delivery now are a 2 way gas manifold and a 6 way gas manifold. (I have a dual reg and wanted all options available in case of future requirements). Yet to purchase a drip tray.

I get my hoist sometime this week so the next project will be to build a frame to mount it on. I'll worry about that after the freezer is finished though.

The freezer

6139299504_e04306f9b4_m.jpg

It holds 6 kegs and 2 on the hump = 8

6139300230_8629d68c0c_m.jpg

The Collar

6139293152_b98b267eb7_m.jpg

Collar now with holes for the taps and varnished

6138745369_d8ef851619_m.jpg

Made a trolley for it to get a bit more height and for maneuverability. Taken the lid off the freezer

6138741537_a0f7de4c0e_m.jpg

Patched up all the dings and dents then on with the white paint and now time for the blue

6138746289_af03e24bcc_m.jpg

6138747319_f028e8a9f3_m.jpg

The collar is attached and taps in and lid on.

6138762479_376181c597_m.jpg

6139311666_40d02238ff_m.jpg

I have the fan wired up but am still waiting for the gas manifolds. Got my hoist now too so next project is to build a stand for that [cool]

The freezer

The collar is attached and taps in and lid on.

6138762479_376181c597_m.jpg

6139311666_40d02238ff_m.jpg

I have the fan wired up but am still waiting for the gas manifolds. Got my hoist now too so next project is to build a stand for that [cool]

That is utterly fantastic. I need to subtly make the wife catch sight of this and muse about how good one would look in the corner of our living room... [innocent]

Behind it in the photo is the old Keg King Kegerator. You can just see the font sticking up with 2 taps and where the photo was taken is down stairs in the rumas room/soon to be brewery.

The freezer will be pushed back to the wall, next to the fridge and the Keg King will be taken up stairs into the kitchen. I am sick and tired having to go downstairs everytime I want a drink.

Now I just need enough beer to feed 7 taps [cool]

Archived