Coopers Community

JS Amber Vs. JS Golden

Lotm

What do you mean? The outcome of a fight?

The JS Amber will win because it fights dirty [devil]

If you are talking about my preference for the beer then I like them both and it depends on the situation eg. Weather, how many I am drinking etc.

If I had to choose and was only having one beer then I would choose the amber ale.

Hi Scott.

That statement is like Winter vs Summer. In the cooler months I'd prefer an Amber Ale, conversely in the warmer months, I would prefer a Golden Ale.

If looking at it from a consumption perspective, I have more of a thirst in the warmer months than I do in the cooler ones, so Golden Ale comes out the winner there. [biggrin]

Anthony.

I know they are different beers for different situations. I was just curious what people preferred and why. I prefer Amber because I can drink more of them in a session. The I like the Golden, but something about it makes me stop at 2 or 3. I like its hop profile, but IMO there seems to be something missing, a malty foundation if you like. Different strokes for different folks. It fun to talk about though.

I'd say amber but I find them both somewhat wanting these days. Not sure if it is me or them (probably them [biggrin] ).

I reckon it's them. [biggrin] I feel the same way since I started brewing. [innocent]

I prefer the Amber overall. I've struggled to find a beer on tap at my usual pub that I can drink like I used to drink that stuff since they took it off taps. They only have the Golden and Pale ales on tap now. Now I've settled for drinking stubbies of My Wife's Bitter, although I always ask for a glass with it because it tastes better. [lol]

Archived