Coopers Community

A fine Auzzie brew?

Canadian Eh!L

My family absolutely love VB. I hate the stuff, it tastes incredibly bad. Although in saying that, I don't mind Tooheys New or Tooheys Old but all my relatives hate that.

I like Coopers and they don't so I must be the normal one[sideways][lol][sideways]

Canadian, If you want to culture some yeast get Coopers Pale Ale or Sparkling Ale. I prefer the Sparkling, however the Pale Ale has, I think, won the Australian Ale of the year 4 times. Others on this forum will know how many times and when.[roll]

My family absolutely love VB. I hate the stuff, it tastes incredibly bad. Although in saying that, I don't mind Tooheys New or Tooheys Old but all my relatives hate that.

I like Coopers and they don't so I must be the normal one[sideways][lol][sideways]

I'm positive that the rest of the world is crazy - and I am the normal one!

How about a fat yak - for something different.

I drink tooheys old at the local. I think my coopers dark ale homebrew is better! made with 600gms of dark dry malt, 600gms of dex and 200 gms of maltodextrin TO 23L. finished off a keg of it last night!

I'm With Weggl, Coopers Sparkling Ale is an absolute beautiful drop. I know after a six pack of those, it'll be a good night! Coopers Dark ale is also a good one but i prefer it on tap and mixed slightly with pale.

Another drop I don't mind is called Wahoo. It's from a brewery over in West Aus

thanks for all the suggestions, guys. i will be looking into these.[cool]keep them coming!

muddy, i knocked back a half sack of the sparkling ale last night.[biggrin] all in the interests of reculturing the yeast of course. i would hate for it to go flat in the decanter.[innocent] it really is a fine brew.

why aren't the cooper's bottles reuseable for homebrew?[annoyed] they would fit nicely into my collection if not for the blasted twist offs. these days i try to only buy beer in bottles that are good for brewing.

Haha funny, I like the idea of knocking the house down, much better than glass embedded in the walls (yes it has happened).

Talking of little creatures and fatyuk, is white rabbit culturable? I think it's a good drop [happy]

• 3 weeks later...

Matty mentioned Tooheys, this is a wonderful drop.

Can Tooheys draught

BE2- AMARILLO 20 g BOILED 20 MIN

BAG 12 g CASCADE END BOIL BOILED 5 MIN

COOPERS PALE ALE CULTURED YEAST

21L

I have the same but using Coopers Draught, bottled last week, will let you know how it goes.

hi gang,

so far in my quest for a fine auzzie brew i have tracked down the sparkling ale and the VB.

the sparkling of course is a fine auzzie brew to be sure.[joyful] on the other hand VB is not so fine.[sick] having said that there is a similar taste to the two. are they both hopped with PoR? or is it similar yeast?

still looking and tasting. the truth is i'm having a hard time finding any commercial beer as satisfying as those from Log Cabin Breweries(my own)[love] .

Now you'll have to track down a Toohey's NEW and, along with the VB, you will have tasted two of Australia's worst beers. If you ask for Cat's Piss in a pub here you'll generally get one of the two [biggrin]

They are both surprisingly popular [unsure]

• 2 months later...

Hey all,

I just tracked down one bottle of Little Creatures PA the other day. There's an Auzzie bloke that lives down the street from me. He tracked down a couple of 6 packs in the big city ($21.00/6 pack)[pinched]. I was able to barter one from him for $10 worth of homemade soap. I haven't try it yet. I'm wait for the right time. So many beers to taste and so little time.[innocent]

Chad

Hi Bill,

No, I've not tried either of those brews yet. It is really tough to track most of the Aussie brews down around here.

The two beers you mentioned both have very interesting names. I have to admit that Moo Brew sounds like coffee with a lot of milk. It isn't beer with milk?[sick]

lol, nah Moo Brew is brewed not far from where I live in Tasmania. Unless you have a few dollars behind you I'd stay clear of their Imperial Stout at $25 330ml stubbie though.

Moo Brew

Fat Yak is made in Matilda Bay which I believe is in Western Australia. They also make another I like called Beez Neez.

Matilda Bay

Archived