Coopers Community

Wanting another fermenter

I have a fermenter that comes with the DIY kit (not the micro-brew kit) and am wanting to get another the same (doesn't have a air lock). Obviously I have no need to purchase the whole kit again. Does anyone have any idea where in Tas I maybe able to get just the fermenter?

Bunnings have fermentors (they call them water tanks). You will have to add the hole for the airlock yourself though. Other than that any hoem brew store should have them - you could mail order if there are no stores nearby.

You'd be best ditchig the airlock altogether as they really are quite useless.

Bunnings have fermentors (they call them water tanks). You will have to add the hole for the airlock yourself though. Other than that any hoem brew store should have them - you could mail order if there are no stores nearby.

You'd be best ditchig the airlock altogether as they really are quite useless.

lol you got me around the wrong way. I don't want a feermenter with an air lock. The one in the DIY kits don't have one and are so easy to clean etc. but I am sure you know the benefits.

I don't want to buy another DIY kit because I got everything I want in the first one. I only want the Fermenter (the one WITHOUT the air lock like the one I already have).

I need to get into brewing multiple brews (hence the need for another fermenter) as I just can't keep up my supply.... lol and I am kegging too!! [w00t]

[lol] I got that all mixed up didn't I!

The short answer is you can't get another fermentor without buying the complete kit....unless you can find someone to sell one second hand but I don't think they've been on the market long enough for someone to get bored making beer.

Just buy that similiar one from Bunnings as Muddy suggests and use the O ring out of the lid with Glad Wrap. No more airlock.

Nah I don't like them.... even with glad wrap you still have the crappy taps to clean etc.... the ones that come with the DIY kit don't have threads and the fermenters are so easy to clean/sanitize.

I think I will just bite the bullet and get another full kit. I could use the bottles eventually as a 23L brew fills 19L keg and 6 PET bottles. I can always use the extract and th sugars then the rest will be spare parts.... I guess it's not that bad just a bummer orking out another $80.

Hrrrmmm now for the hardest part is to persuade SWMBO!!

Thanks for your input guys.

[biggrin] I don't hate it - I just had a mental issue with using it after my first brew as per the brewing kit instructions. I really didn't enjoy that beer [sick]

I have recently battled my OS Lager demons and came out on top. I'm not saying it is my favourite kit but I now am able to say it makes a very nice base. Now if only I could work through all my other issues [whistling

Thanks for all the suggestions.

If I am to get another kit, which I most likely will, then I'd more than likely use the bottles eventually because with 19L kegs I still need 6 bottles to store from a 23L brew. Therefore, I'm more than likely to use them eventually. The lager, well I can make a brew from that and the fermentables anyway so no loss there. I guess when I think about it, it'll probably work out better to buy the whole kit anyway.

Billk, take no notice of Greg, $60 indeed, the bugger is throwing my money around like there is no tomorrow. I'll Not go a penny, "cent" to you young fellas

over $22.5 for the PLASTIC HYDROMETER, any more bids?[innocent]

Billk, take no notice of Greg, $60 indeed, the bugger is throwing my money around like there is no tomorrow. I'll Not go a penny, "cent" to you young fellas

over $22.5 for the PLASTIC HYDROMETER, any more bids?[innocent]

lol... that's the first time I've been referred to as a young fellow for years. Thanks and if I decide to sell it I will let you know.

Archived