Coopers Community

High Strength Brew ie extra sugar etc!

hey guys got meself a starter kit. had 1 like over 20 yrs ago did a few brews inc a high strength like 8-9% alc.,and each longy was quiet potent if i can remember!

any way what im trying to do is,  if i do an extra sugar hit with a 23 litre barrel say with a canadian blonde with extra sugar and then once brew is complete say to get 2 brews for 1

2 x 23 l with half the concentration in alcohol 4% by " watering down" say half 23 liter and the other 23 l half in another barrel. so 4 % alcohol in each!

at same time reduceing to half the calories and also alcohol to a standard beer of around 4% alc!

sure id say sediments may be a problem and so and gettn a beer inline filter may reduce this as well!

Any thoughts on this if u have done the same etc ideas!

cheeerrs scott

ya hear Me!

3 hours ago, Beer goes in the Ear said:

hey guys got meself a starter kit. had 1 like over 20 yrs ago did a few brews inc a high strength like 8-9% alc.,and each longy was quiet potent if i can remember!

any way what im trying to do is,  if i do an extra sugar hit with a 23 litre barrel say with a canadian blonde with extra sugar and then once brew is complete say to get 2 brews for 1

2 x 23 l with half the concentration in alcohol 4% by " watering down" say half 23 liter and the other 23 l half in another barrel. so 4 % alcohol in each!

at same time reduceing to half the calories and also alcohol to a standard beer of around 4% alc!

sure id say sediments may be a problem and so and gettn a beer inline filter may reduce this as well!

Any thoughts on this if u have done the same etc ideas!

cheeerrs scott

ya hear Me!

Nah I wouldn't do that, stick to the original recipe or you will bugger up a good brew.

• Like 1

If I'm understanding what you've written, I'd ask you this: Does taste matter to you or do you just want something that'll get you p155ed?
You could split the brew as you suggest but it will probably taste something like Great Northern, Iron Jack or one of those other now popular commercial beers ie. watery.
Now listen to me here! I am quite the tightar$e but even I wouldn't stoop so low as to try making 46 litres of beer from one tin. However you could do it but whether you enjoy it is another matter altogether. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/22/2022 at 9:04 PM, Malter White said:

If I'm understanding what you've written, I'd ask you this: Does taste matter to you or do you just want something that'll get you p155ed?
You could split the brew as you suggest but it will probably taste something like Great Northern, Iron Jack or one of those other now popular commercial beers ie. watery.
Now listen to me here! I am quite the tightar$e but even I wouldn't stoop so low as to try making 46 litres of beer from one tin. However you could do it but whether you enjoy it is another matter altogether. 

I agree, don't bother.

• Like 3