Coopers Community

2022 Advent Calendars

Popo the Reprobate

Anyone pre-order or thinking of getting one?

I've bought the Beer Cartel one the last few years but have ended up getting the Boozebud one this year. Cost was a factor and it was about $45 cheaper. 

Only a small amount are brewed specifically for this calendar but that's ok with me. Some of the one offs have been disappointing. Hopefully some good ones in it.

1 hour ago, Popo said:

Anyone pre-order or thinking of getting one?

I've bought the Beer Cartel one the last few years but have ended up getting the Boozebud one this year. Cost was a factor and it was about $45 cheaper. 

Only a small amount are brewed specifically for this calendar but that's ok with me. Some of the one offs have been disappointing. Hopefully some good ones in it.

I went with the Beer Cartel one again this year.  A couple of mates get this calendar and share tasting notes each night.  Last year, one of the guys missed out on ordering his slab.  This year he was the first to pre-order his.  Did not want to miss out on the fun.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Popo said:

That would be a fun way to do it. 

I have had a look at these over the years but never lashed out, I think it would be fun. The only downside IMO is the cost/shipping, most of the beers I have seen you can pick up in bottle shops, but I normally stay away from tropical/fruity/sour beers so for me it would be like the days when you are a kid when you had to share a bag of jellybeans & if you weren't quick enough you would be stuck with the black ones.