Coopers Community

Juicy IPA recipe needed

Aussiekraut

I'm looking for inspiration.

After a streak of lagers, it is time for something new again. I have brewed a lot of beer but never did I brew an IPA, mainly because I am not the biggest IPA fan out there. Now is the time to rectify this and get going with a nice juicy IPA. 

What I have is a tonne of grains, heaps of hops and plenty of yeast. What I don't have is a recipe. Something with a good but not mad bitterness and heaps of fruity hop flavours.

I'm sure you fellas have some tried and tested recipes you can throw at me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeB7 said:

Gee! @Aussiekraut I just bottled your lager suggestion that I reckon came off the top of your head.

For my 2 cents worth I have a ferment going with Strata hops which has a nice bouquet coming from the airlock.

What about giving a Red Ale a go mate?

Done red ales and am planning one for next brew day. Just want to do something different. So I thought a juicy IPA might be the way to go but am a little unsure. I do have a fruit salad pale ale I could turn into an IPA but am not sure what way to go with it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

I'm looking for inspiration.

After a streak of lagers, it is time for something new again. I have brewed a lot of beer but never did I brew an IPA, mainly because I am not the biggest IPA fan out there. Now is the time to rectify this and get going with a nice juicy IPA. 

What I have is a tonne of grains, heaps of hops and plenty of yeast. What I don't have is a recipe. Something with a good but not mad bitterness and heaps of fruity hop flavours.

I'm sure you fellas have some tried and tested recipes you can throw at me. 

Maybe consider this one Ultimate Haze - Wheat & Rye IPA.  I have not tried it yet (got 6 litres in a keg and a few bottles).  Made for my brother.  His description: Bitter hit, with a refreshing twist.  He liked the slightly tangy after taste and the fruity aroma.  A David Heath based brew.  

My bro's photo:

1857120662_Alsbeer.png.4456e6cab67c77d0541dd024d738efbb.png

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

recipe

Here are a couple I have saved. I've not brewed these two but have done very similar. Any similar hop mix would work.

I've not used the Hophead yeast but have used Verdant and have been really happy with the results.

I no chill and the whirlpool hops go into the cube. Wort in at a touch over 80 degrees. 

155177033_4048320155232456_5314590802463952998_n.jpg

126482428_3758733354191139_8392620007857675119_n.jpg

Edited by Popo
Info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1