Coopers Community

rapt temp controller

ozdevil

20220309_113053.thumb.jpg.2b6d4baa0e58b590224d94558a43605b.jpg

Gday All

order this yesterday @ 11:30am and rocked up at 9.30am by aussie post (rather shocked with aussie post)

Now i really didnt need another temp controller but i thought to myself this is a ripper little unit and able to do alot more more then what an inkbird temp controller can do.  now dont get me wrong i still like inkbird wifi 508   it still a great unit but i feel this will get left behind now

While both rapt temp controller and Inkbird 508 wifi  are able to control by phone or other device that is wifi enable 1 thing seperates them both

the rapt temp controller can be programmed to the profile you want.  Not 100% certain yet but i know intime  you will plug a profile into the rapt controller  and the controller will do its thing for you change the temps for you  which will make it easier for when you  may want to up the temp for a rest  or  drop it for cold crashing you can just set and forget and just come back on bottling/kegging day..  Basicly works the same way as the rapt fermentation chamber.

The unit itself is a lot more clunky then inkbird but that does not matter it can hang on the side of the fridge or you can neatly mount it if you want to 
or you can connect a stand by changing the plugs around so the plugs are facing out the back rather then down to the ground.

If all goes well i will be putting this little baby to work when i do my next all grain and stay tuned i may have a inkbird  coming up for sale
the wifi model  at a reasonable price

cheers
OZ

• Like 2

just heard back from the developer of the kegland rapt controller 

He has told  if you have created a profile or Added a profile from there Portal 
and that you Run/Play that Profile   the Rapt Controller will automate to the change of Temps

eg you may  start at 18°c  but day5  you may want to up the temp to 21°c   provided the Profile you have set is running
it will automatically increase the temp  to 21°c   and then if you have a cold crash set to 2°c  the rapt controller will automaticly drop to that temp

I think this is great intergration to a temp controller

Also  in a future update   to The Temp controller you will be able to include the Rapt Pill and have that read automaticly with the Temp controller   

The Only thing is  you still have to set your high and low temp hysteresis   eg you want 1.0  above the actually temp  or below the temp you have set

• Like 1

Just finished mucking around with the controller

was wondering how the devices will work with the alarms like  inkbird

I must say the alarm is not high sounding as inkbird but still annoying though

If the Alarm goes off  its a small sounding alarm   (i am asking the developer is there way increasing this)
can be controlled from the rapt portal  on the portal or from controler, there will be a mobile app but  the developer stated there is other priorities

Also if the alarm goes off you will get  notified by email

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

20220309_113053.thumb.jpg.2b6d4baa0e58b590224d94558a43605b.jpg

Gday All

order this yesterday @ 11:30am and rocked up at 9.30am by aussie post (rather shocked with aussie post)

Now i really didnt need another temp controller but i thought to myself this is a ripper little unit and able to do alot more more then what an inkbird temp controller can do.  now dont get me wrong i still like inkbird wifi 508   it still a great unit but i feel this will get left behind now

While both rapt temp controller and Inkbird 508 wifi  are able to control by phone or other device that is wifi enable 1 thing seperates them both

the rapt temp controller can be programmed to the profile you want.  Not 100% certain yet but i know intime  you will plug a profile into the rapt controller  and the controller will do its thing for you change the temps for you  which will make it easier for when you  may want to up the temp for a rest  or  drop it for cold crashing you can just set and forget and just come back on bottling/kegging day..  Basicly works the same way as the rapt fermentation chamber.

The unit itself is a lot more clunky then inkbird but that does not matter it can hang on the side of the fridge or you can neatly mount it if you want to 
or you can connect a stand by changing the plugs around so the plugs are facing out the back rather then down to the ground.

If all goes well i will be putting this little baby to work when i do my next all grain and stay tuned i may have a inkbird  coming up for sale
the wifi model  at a reasonable price

cheers
OZ

Gosh you are a handsome brute OD !! 

The look like excellent units, I like the technology & the coloured  power points are a great idea.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Gosh you are a handsome brute OD !! 

The look like excellent units, I like the technology & the coloured  power points are a great idea.

i have a face that only a mother could love lol

• Haha 2

just thought i would show you guys  the controller with a profile   in the rapt controller

in the rapt portal  you can edit the profile   and have it tell you when it starts the next step

this profile is for a diamond lager /pilsner profile 

20220309_160442.thumb.jpg.c99b4a10c8a4603e052e0bb13df5f25c.jpg

the graph here shows  basicly start to finish but once you select it will take you to   a new screen and you select the play button  and the grapgh will show where it starting
temp target and  the current temp

This grapgh can also be seen on the rapt portal  

as you can see there is a few steps to this profile   and this is all automated  and you will not have to touch your temp controller  when its time to up the steps or  cold crash

you also can create your own profiles to suit your own brewing needs

unfortunately anyone thinking of these    be warned  the instruction  barcode  on the box works  but brings up 1 page only of the manual with no instruction

but to set it up  the screen gives you the promts to follow at start up

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

You are right about the Neoprene Jacket it is very hard to get both ends to line up as well as hold the tension & apply the velcro but I got there.

i  thought you may  struggled a bit .  i was lucky  i did it easy becuase i got swmbo to put it on after she seen me struggle lol  
i said to her you do these things so much better then me

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i  thought you may  struggled a bit .  i was lucky  i did it easy becuase i got swmbo to put it on after she seen me struggle lol  
i said to her you do these things so much better then me

Yeah it sorta is a struggle but 2 people could probably get a tighter fit but that doesn't matter much as you are going to take it off from time to time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

just thought i would show you guys  the controller with a profile   in the rapt controller

in the rapt portal  you can edit the profile   and have it tell you when it starts the next step

this profile is for a diamond lager /pilsner profile 

20220309_160442.thumb.jpg.c99b4a10c8a4603e052e0bb13df5f25c.jpg

the graph here shows  basicly start to finish but once you select it will take you to   a new screen and you select the play button  and the grapgh will show where it starting
temp target and  the current temp

This grapgh can also be seen on the rapt portal  

as you can see there is a few steps to this profile   and this is all automated  and you will not have to touch your temp controller  when its time to up the steps or  cold crash

you also can create your own profiles to suit your own brewing needs

unfortunately anyone thinking of these    be warned  the instruction  barcode  on the box works  but brings up 1 page only of the manual with no instruction

but to set it up  the screen gives you the promts to follow at start up

I am thinking you are on a commission here mate, all of this promoting.🤔

7 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am thinking you are on a commission here mate, all of this promoting.🤔

i wish mate   

if i think something is worthwhile or worth helping another person  
i will spruik it    

if i think its no benifit then i dont spruik

its just a purchase i made   and had my eyes on this before i thought of inkbirds

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Guys and gals

My 1st brew has been finished  using the "Rapt Temp Controller"

the brew = Sierra Navada Pale ale"

Profile was set for  = Pale ale

day 1-6  =   temp was held at 18°c
day 6 -7 = temp was held at 19°c
day 7-8 = temp was held at  20°c
day 8-9 = temp was held at  21°c
day 9-10 = temp was held at 22°c
day 10 - 11 = temp was held at24°c   (only issue here was internet dropped out but didnt lose any info)
day 11-12 = temp was held at23°c (dry hop addition of Cryo  cascade hops)
day 12-15 =temp was held at -0.1°c 

1652545456_paleprofile.thumb.jpg.43947f0094515468be4f620cc53083cc.jpg

when i filled the keg on Monday i had a sample the beer was clear and very tastey with out carbonation

The profile i used was not my own  it was keglands profile that i followed

this temp controller at the moment stands out from inkbird and i am not saying inkbird  are bad  but this temp controller is game changer in my opinion

the difference is between inkbird and rapt temp controller   is 

as long as you have set a profile you have created from the global profile  the rapt will automaticly change temps to what the profile is set 

Where as  the inkbird  if you want to change the profile for rests or whatever you have to do this manually

the rapt temp controller can be intergrated with the pill and other rapt products 
you cant with inkbird

i could go forever

but i have found this unit rapt temp controller great so far and really did do a great job  with only 1 hiccup and that was losing  wifi connection due to my isp
but it remembered wher i lost and picked up again  and settled

the unit is going to be great for the fifo workers we have on site that dont want to dry hop   set and forget

you can create your own profile for how you ferment  so if the wife  that dry hops for you because your  onsite due to fifo work  
will be great

for the price tag    its worth every cent

i will be buying a 2nd unit and making my inkbird  redundant