Coopers Community

Krausen collar question!

monsoons101

On 10/31/2021 at 2:45 PM, monsoons101 said:

Another question I have is what type of beers are you guys brewing? Do the "knock off" ones like the VB clone kits work? 

@monsoons101 , if you like the VB or pub style beers then check out my recipe on this thread here.  A very good mate of mine would not drink anything else but VB out of a glass bottle (he would give away, or toss away any cans of VB he was given, never drank them) but he did like this brew I did for him.

I can post up the all grain version for you if you are interested.  Give it a go and share with your mates to see what they think.  Temperature control and a weeks cold crash is the way to go with this beer.  Suggest Diamond Lager yeast first up and second to that W-34/70.  Pitch it low and ferment slow in the yeasts range and learn to do a D-Rest.  All this does wonders for beer brweing of lagers.

Cheers - AL

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 3

Hey @monsoons101  if you like a VB then give Boozers recipe above a go. It’s a great beer. Pride of Ringwood hops is the signature hop for most Aussie lagers like vb. 
I’m not sure what level you’re at with your brewing but I would encourage you to give it a go and shoot through any questions you have on to this forum. The good people here will look after you if you need help. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2021 at 2:45 PM, Journeyman said:

I've been planning (for way too long - it's hard to dedicate the FV to it 😄 ) a brew that hopefully will appeal to guys who like whitefish beers, just to see if I can.

Can I suggest half a can of Mexican Cerveza, can yeast and no additions. 

Name it " North Queensland Sex on the Beach" (f..king near water).

Should go down a treat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/3/2021 at 8:19 PM, iBooz2 said:
On 10/31/2021 at 2:45 PM, monsoons101 said:

Another question I have is what type of beers are you guys brewing? Do the "knock off" ones like the VB clone kits work? 

@monsoons101 , if you like the VB or pub style beers then check out my recipe on this thread here.  A very good mate of mine would not drink anything else but VB out of a glass bottle (he would give away, or toss away any cans of VB he was given, never drank them) but he did like this brew I did for him.

I can post up the all grain version for you if you are interested.  Give it a go and share with your mates to see what they think.  Temperature control and a weeks cold crash is the way to go with this beer.  Suggest Diamond Lager yeast first up and second to that W-34/70.  Pitch it low and ferment slow in the yeasts range and learn to do a D-Rest.  All this does wonders for beer brweing of lagers.

Cheers - AL

Thank-you Al, this looks like something I'd enjoy doing Thanks for sharing mate, I hope you know how much we all appreciate you're extremely detailed and easy to understand posts on the forum. 

• Like 3

On 11/5/2021 at 9:04 AM, Mickep said:

Thank-you Al, this looks like something I'd enjoy doing Thanks for sharing mate, I hope you know how much we all appreciate you're extremely detailed and easy to understand posts on the forum. 

No worries @Mickep , glad I can contribute something useful to the community and am very happy to be able to pay it forward for past help and knowledge given by others.

I am sure you will pay it forward too as I think everyone in here does.  All good.  I applaud all members.   👏

• Like 4