Coopers Community

Brogalow Ginger Beer temperature

I'mRev

I have a can of Brigalow Ginger Beer and the directions say to pitch below 35C and brew at 25C.  I'm using the standard can ingredients with 1 Kg raw sugar + 1 Kg brown sugar to boost the ABV.  Should I follow these temperatures or can it be done at a lower range? 

• 9 months later...

I hope nobody minds me tacking on to this thread but I may have a handy tip.
I made a Brigalow ginger beer recently after a request from my son. Personally I'm not a big fan of it, mainly due to the aftertaste from the artificial sweetener in it.
I'm drinking a few glasses of it tonight and have found a dash of lemon juice seems to mask that aftertaste rather well without spoiling the ginger beer flavour.

• Like 4

I've done a Brigalow Ginger Beer recently with 800g Brown Sugar and 1/2 kg of BE3, pitched at 23c, fermentation temp was between 20-23c and bottled after 8 days, came out pretty good.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It tasted like crap and was a brown colour so I threw it all out.  Later I made another batch using 1.5Kg white sugar (their recipe says 1Kg) and it was not great but passable. Then I discovered the artificial sweeter aftertaste and gave most away to people who didn't mind.  If I had read the ingredients before I made the first one, I would not have bothered, I'm sensitive to artificial sweetner.

I prefer Morgans

I brew the "non" alcohol version and it is nice. I hate the artificial sweetner stuff - is it soylent green? - and did not detect any of it in the Morgans kit

I pimped it with gingerroot, cinnamon and lemon too. 

EDIT - I followed the tin directions regarding temperature I expect thst will relate to the yeasts used

Hmm maybe different yeasts might enhance GingerBeer.... Sorry... My mind is heading off on a yeasty tangent, now...

Edited by Cee