.5 kg  ricehulls

.5kg Lactoses

.5kg Dextrose

simcoe hops

15g @fwh

20g @ 12mins

20g @ 2mins

Yeast S-04 X 2

50g simcoe lupnuln2 @ dry hops after primary n2 hops used for DH only IBU'S about 30 ish 

peoples thoughts appreciated 

regards Brian cheers

Edited by therealthing691
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hi @therealthing691, recipe looks fine to me.  But I am no recipe expert.  It looks like it will be a hazy one with that amount of oats.  I am interested to read your comments about the Simcoe only brew.  I have only mixed it with other hops, but liked what I got out of those beers.

I brewed a Simcoe Smash with MO it was delicious nice fruity aroma definitely a hop that can stand on it’s own IMO. It was a really nice easy drinking beer. Recipe looks good to me too.

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 3

Thanks guys for the input  i have  done a simcoe smash before it was really nice .I am  hoping out of this i get a Hazy balanced oat cream ipa' . Heading towards hop heavy in taste but not bitterness if you know what i mean  cheers and thanks

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 11:25 PM, RDT2 said:

I brewed a Simcoe Smash with MO it was delicious nice fruity aroma definitely a hop that can stand on it’s own IMO. It was a really nice easy drinking beer. Recipe looks good to me too.

I agree it is good as stand alone  .  Also mixing   and just bittering as well .Lately in my fruit beers i have been using for bittering  to about 18Ibu's gives it a fresh taste IMO

• Like 1

Bit late now but I was going to suggest an addition at whirlpool just under 78-80 degrees for more hop flavour and aroma with very little bitterness although how good are the cryo hops how much are they compared to normal pellets. See how it goes hope it turns out nice 👍 

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, therealthing691 said:

Is in the fermenter day 2

Recipe looks good, great choice with simcoe. I agree with RDT2 that less bitterness and more hoppy flavour is gained from a whirlpool over a 12 min addition but it will still be really nice, from the looks of the recipe. Really really nice. I imagine a soft body, with balanced bitterness and a nice dank citrusy aroma and flavour. 2 Birds pale ale is what comes to mind when I see this but the lactose takes it to another level. Really good looking brew.

• Like 3

On 5/4/2021 at 12:36 PM, RDT2 said:

Bit late now but I was going to suggest an addition at whirlpool just under 78-80 degrees for more hop flavour and aroma with very little bitterness although how good are the cryo hops how much are they compared to normal pellets. See how it goes hope it turns out nice 👍 

i find  cyro and/or Lupuln2 better for dry hops much less needed as the AA is around X2 which i added today after primary price is double as well hahahahha

Edited by therealthing691
  • Like 2

nice colour i think this was out of the bottling bucket after bottling . It was all done in 7days dry hopping and cold crashing included . Only cold crashed for 24hrs at 0c  .I will condition in my conditioning fridge  , which is my old fermenting fridge that stopped working  .Will condition at 22c for 14 days but will try one after 7

DSCN6533.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...