Coopers Community

BEER ENHANCER NO.70 - BREWCRAFT

Hi Brewers,

Another trip to the LBHS ( Brewcraft ) I am going to try one of these Beer Enhancer Kits contains;

BEER ENHANCER NO: 70 - ENGLISH BITTER

Dried Malt Extract, Dextrose, Crystal Grain, Goldings Hops. 

I have never tried one of these before & was wondering if others have.  I am doing it with the Mangrove Jack's Classic Bitter & Mangrove Jack's Pure Liquid Malt Extract 600gm & supplied Yeast.

23 litres

I am thinking it should be a reasonably decent beer.

Looking forward to doing it anyway.

Cheers.

20210410_141406 (2).jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, alilley said:

MJ kits are extortionate here.

I assume you mean expensive, I don't know where you are but if in AUS they are available from many websites as are Coopers etc.

I spread my LBHS visits to about 3-4 places & find a get a good selection of all brands & also grab lots of discounted product, all within the Best Before dates.

Cheers.

11 hours ago, alilley said:

between $35 - $45 here. There are some basic kits they do for 20.

Sounds like you might be referring to their Craft Series kits?  It's worth noting that many of those more expensive pouches actually contain 2.2kg of extract (as opposed to the usual 1.7kg you usually see in the canned kits). Often paired with a 600g LME pouch they also come with a specialty yeast and where implicated, hop additions as well.   I think they actually work out a little cheaper compared to putting a similar thing together from individual ingredients. 

E.g. in the pouch is a packet of MJ yeast that can cost $6 - $7 and some kits also have around 50g - 75g hop pellets so that's another $3 - $5 dollars...

Edited by BlackSands

25 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

Sounds like you might be referring to their Craft Series kits?  It's worth noting that many of those more expensive pouches actually contain 2.2kg of extract (as opposed to the usual 1.7kg you usually see in the canned kits). Often paired with a 600g LME pouch they also come with a specialty yeast and where implicated, hop additions as well.   I think they actually work out a little cheaper compared to putting a similar thing together from individual ingredients. 

E.g. in the pouch is a packet of MJ yeast that can cost $6 - $7 and some kits also have around 50g - 75g hop pellets so that's another $3 - $5 dollars...

I totally agree they are very good value & also a great product. The Beer Enhancer English Bitter Kit No-70 @ $14.95 came with;

500gm Dextrose

250gm Band Dried Light Malt

150gm Cracked Chrystal Grain

15gm Goldings Finishing Hops

I also purchased 2 x 600gm packs of Craft Series Pure Liquid Malt normally $11.95 - on special for 2 for $5.95 ( within BB date )