Coopers Community

coopers taps need info please

ozdevil

Hey all

i have just looked at my tap  on the fermenter  and just went through all my spare food grade tubing hose

What size tube hose  will fit in  this sucker, cant take out of the fermenter now to measure

or am i to convert a bottling wand to take a tube  hose    to drain into my keg

anyhelp would be much appreciated

Nope i am not bottling the sucker , that will mean i will have to use the carb drops , lol

• 1 month later...

Regarding a Coopers tap+hose+bottling wand:

Bottle-filling tip: most of the home brew kits come with a bottle-filling wand with a valve on the end which you are supposed to push up into the fermenter's tap spout. I finds two issues with using it this way:

1. If the fermenter is on a table or bench, the bottom of the wand is low down. This can give you a sore back bending over it all the time.
  2. It's not hard to dislodge the wand from the spout when filling, particularly if you apply a little side-force, say when pushing the filling valve against the neck of the bottle to fill just the last bit. This dislodgement causes beer to go everywhere.

The solution is to go to your HB store or Bunnings at get 1-1.5m of 10mm PVC tubing. The hole in the spout is 10mm diameter so you can't push the tube up into the spout. So you need to make an adaptor stub. To do this cut off 25mm from the end of the wand. You can push half of this stub into the end of the tube. To ensure it stays there I used a Toledo clamp (6mm-16mm). Then you push the other end of the cut-off stub firmly up into the stout. Then push the other end of the tube as far as you can over the wand.

Now you can sit in a chair, next to the bottle, with the bottles at your feet, and fill the bottles, at whatever height you want to operate at, without putting any pressure on the tap spout connection.

Dan.1755120049_Bottle-fillingtubeandwand.thumb.jpg.0b9e019faf983d91121c798bb0fc158c.jpg

Edited by dosdan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1