Coopers Community

iPhone App

philw

Holy moly! U wouldnt beleve how happy that makes me! As u know from my recent posts iam quite impatient. And i wanted to respond a post when i couldnt sleep. So basicly tryed everything! And got in :D

And as i sayd in a previous post i hope i some day can pass on help aswell when i was more experienced in brewing. Glad i could pass on this quick with another topic :) really makes me happy to help the company that brews my favorite beer in the world :P

Great work Dennis! You have offered a solution to a problem that the propeller heads couldn't answer[w00t]

Sending you an email [biggrin]

Just a few suggestions from my first brew while using it.

To have an easier way to add hops to the brew. I ended up getting their in the end but it seemed a little clumsy.

When you create a new brew it should take them out of the invetory (or at least ask to).

Have it sync with your website and a login area on the site that shows a similar sort of interface where the brews can sync back and forward from the app (Then brewers without iPhones could also use this sort of software.

I am sure when I get through some more brews I will have some more suggestions.

P.S thanks for the tip Dennis, I am now typing this comment using my ever so trusty iPad.

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool

I missed that it was out some how [roll]

I really like it, well done to all that put it together.

\t

The inventory section is excellent. Plonk in your ingedients and dream up your next brew in a quiet moment at work...

It really needs some calculators, at least OG - FG to ABV. Youngsters today can't do that in their heads...[pinched]

A nice app, but a few simple updates will really make it worthwhile.

Dan

+ 1 to that

also another thing I would like to see with the is with the "currently brewing" would be also good to add the OG - FG ( and if it would auto calculate on top of having a calculator ( yes I know I am lazy ) also not good with maths at all.

a link to the talking brewing section :)

with regards to the iPad version

if they create it as a Universal App then it will work best on any of the iOS devices

That doesn't sound too difficult, Phil...speaking from a non-geek perspective [innocent]

I hope to get a "suggest a recipe" component to the app. Something that would draw down from the current inventory - a list of recipes you can make now, you can make if you get one more ingredient, you can make if your get two more ingredients.

I hope to get a "suggest a recipe" component to the app. Something that would draw down from the current inventory - a list of recipes you can make now, you can make if you get one more ingredient, you can make if your get two more ingredients.

now that is cool [happy]

What in the hell is an "app".

Still can't work out "MSS".My bloody phone keeps changing the words. Maybe because its a Japanese Nokia?

app. = Application (program)

iPhone and all of the other smart phones you can download and install extra Apps that you can run on them :)

• 7 months later...

I think the App will be better down the track, however why does it have such an early "Drink" date when you enter in a brew.

For example, I put down a Pilsener tonight and the App is great in that it tells you the amounts of light dry malt and dextrose to add and it has a quick link to the recipe. Great for beginners.

However, it tells me "Start 21/08/11" and "Drink 27/08/11". This is obviously an error as it doesn't take into account the conditioning process. I'm assuming "Drink" should read "Bottle".

Also, I very much like the "Inventory' section but I'd really like it to update your inventory when you put down a brew. e.g. Tom Cooper's Pilsener, 500g LGM and 300g Dextrose should come off my inventory from tonight's brew.

Also, as suggested by others, a hydrometer reading section with Alcohol Content calculator would be great, and would be better than the "Drink" date on the App. For instance, maybe after two successive steady hydrometer readings you have entered on your App it could suggest to you that you should bottle your brew.

I do like the way it adds the dates from your brew to your calendar.

All in all, a really great idea that with a few tweaks and suggestions from the folks who know, i.e. you blokes, and I reckon it will be a must have for home brewing.

Sven

P.S. Look what I was sent. It's a Kiwi energy drink. Ha!!!

misssvenson.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok,ok Greg, my phone\u2019s got a little screen with push buttons. No camera, but you can talk and hear on it, will this App thing work? I tried sliding my finger over the screen as I\u2019ve seen people do, but nothing happens![pinched] [pinched]

Weggl

Don't take this the wrong way, Weggl, but have you recently travelled to the year 2011 in a time machine? Or maybe you woke up in a large cryogenic freezing device after being frozen in the 1950s? You are sounding very much like my oldies who call me whenever their power goes off and the central heating resets itself, or if they buy a new TV and want the channels found.

Archived