Coopers Community

iPhone App

philw

not sure if it has been suggested yet

it would be cool to see a Coopers Home Brew iPhone app.

a couple of things I know I would like to see

the instructions that come with the kits and any extra hints for each different brew

the SG and FG calculator included

I am sure there is a lot more they could include to do with Coopers

The production company supplied a number of voices from which to choose, no idea who is on the other end of the voice, though.

As for the demonstrator on the vid' - took us a while to train the chimp and put him into a shirt [biggrin]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys and gals from Coopers.

I recieved a newsletter about an app for an Iphone which I had downloaded and have had a look at. It looks really good, I am going to have a proper look at it tonight.

But my main question is, will their be one of these released for the iPad? I currently only own an iPad from the Apple family as of the 19th and the iPhone app works although it is very small.

\t

A few quick comments on the iPhone app (just had a brief look):

Great to have the recipes in there, but they are the basic ones only, not all those on the main site. Any chance of adding a few of PB2's more recent masterpieces? I'm currently brewing a SMOTY Ale and it's not in the list, so I don't seem to be able to add it to my brewery.

The link to the main site is essentially useless as there is no 'smartphone' version of the site, and it runs on flash which as has been mentioned once or 30 times, doesn't work on some devices, including the iPhone, which is what the app is designed for of course.

The inventory section is excellent. Plonk in your ingedients and dream up your next brew in a quiet moment at work...

It really needs some calculators, at least OG - FG to ABV. Youngsters today can't do that in their heads...[pinched]

A nice app, but a few simple updates will really make it worthwhile.

Dan

I agree, just looking at it now and it looks very easy to use

Its a shame I have to use the small keyboard and only use 1/4 of my iPad screen but its built for a phone.

I will be using this for my records as I can see that it has everything I need at this time.

For $2 (or whatever it was) I think it was money very well spent and costs the equivielent of a book which it will replace.

Thanks for the good work guys

\t

The link to the main site is essentially useless as there is no 'smartphone' version of the site, and it runs on flash which as has been mentioned once or 30 times, doesn't work on some devices, including the iPhone, which is what the app is designed for of course.

If i go to the forum page from google i can actually see the forums and it just doesnt show the top part from the page. The only issue i see for you guys is that the iPhone screen size will be annoying.

Great feedback - keep it coming [biggrin]

The plan was to not put all the recipes on the app because we want people to come back to the website.

Just the same, I was directed to not put every recipe I have up on the site but drip feed them out with eDMs, Bear & Brew articles, recipe cards, etc.

Also, there has been a number of new recipes gone up since the developers downloaded from the site, so it was always goping to be missing some recipes.

I'm told the plan is to fix the 'flash' issue with the next iteration of the site.

As for the iPad, I don't know much about it so I'll ask the qustion and get back to you.

An Alcohol Calculator missed the first cut, partly because we had designed a little rotating card calculator for the General Store to sell.

One thing to note: you can use any recipe as a template, pick from the syle of beer that you want then modify it to make your own recipe.

Thanks Paul,

I actually enjoy the App, as I can still use it although it doesnt utilise the whole screen (which is not by far a big deal).

Also one thing that I was thinking that others as well as myself may find handy and that is including how much priming sugar was used.

I'm told the plan is to fix the 'flash' issue with the next iteration of the site.

Since this new app seems to depend on links back to the site for things such as sharing recipes and going back to the forum etc I assume this isnt too far away [cool]

PS - like the app, hope I didn't sound too critical

It's fine [cool] , we need to know what you think warts and all - this is how we can best sort things with future updates.

Jump on and give it a rating too, no less than 5 stars of course [biggrin]

I think there are some regional restrictions or something alike. Maybe that depends on publishers set restrictions or something.

what is the name of app? will try and find it, would be cool to have something at hand instead of keeping lappy on a kitchen table while brewing :D

Definitely not available for USA istore accounts - thats the one I have - cant find it on iphone app store search or directly in itunes store search.

I would presume that it is restricted for local AU users only.

Is there anything that can be done about it?

Hey there, same here in sweden as well as us i cant find the app, but i got a tip for those who want yo browse aswell as type on the forum on your iphone or ipad, since a part of the forum is flash based, just press talk brewing and then brew blether, check a topic and then press someones forum name and u will get the forum login request, works great, replying from my iphone 4 right now.

Archived