Coopers Community

Kveik

Aussiekraut

3 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

It's main problem is the 8.5% ABV

Hahahhhaaa

Umm. yes.

That could be an issue.
I like saisons and sours and estery beers so was prepared for this.
I see yours finished at 1024? Mine was well low, in the order of 1005 or something

44 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

Hahahhhaaa

Umm. yes.

That could be an issue.
I like saisons and sours and estery beers so was prepared for this.
I see yours finished at 1024? Mine was well low, in the order of 1005 or something

Yeah, that was KE1. The second try finished around 1010.

• 10 months later...

Ok  this I GOTTA SEE. I believe that this Kveik yeast IPA  i pitched 36 hours ago may (may) ferment out in only a few days overall ( really?) but the idea that green, dustcloudy looking beer after a few days will be drinkable? 

This i gotta see for myself ,Im more than a little sceptical , but I really want the recent ledgend of Kveik to to real. 

I'll be back. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 3:15 AM, BreweyMcHops said:

Ok  this I GOTTA SEE. I believe that this Kveik yeast IPA  i pitched 36 hours ago may (may) ferment out in only a few days overall ( really?) but the idea that green, dustcloudy looking beer after a few days will be drinkable? 

This i gotta see for myself ,Im more than a little sceptical , but I really want the recent ledgend of Kveik to to real. 

I'll be back. 

I don't know how to edit my posts yet...anyway so it technically worked in so far as that it was tasting dry at 4 days. It was cloudy as hell   not hazy, actually cloudy and a little inconsistent. A little bit too yeasty also. I bottled at 8 days , was bout 30 degrees most of the time, then tried after conditioning for 10 days in bottle ( the talk is about that opslang ceremony or whatever its called ,being after 3 days in FV!)

Bottom line:

Impression so far, Its OK,very interesting , but its a lot cloudier and yeastier than people will tell you. Lets see how it conditions after a while