Coopers Community

Belgian Beers

ben 10

I have these on the way.

3822-PC Belgian Dark Ale (Saazer-type hops or Styrian Goldings are commonly used)

3538-PC Leuven Pale Ale (Saazer-type hops, Styrian Goldings, East Kent Goldings or Fuggles are commonly used)

3463-PC Forbidden Fruit

What hop shall I buy? BJCP says saaz like but also mentions Fuggles and the like. Big bag of EKG do?

16 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

...3463-PC Forbidden Fruit

What hop shall I buy? BJCP says saaz like but also mentions Fuggles and the like. Big bag of EKG do?

The De Verboden Vrucht strain. I agree with John, the Styrian Golding looks like a good fit for this provided you are making a darker beer with it.

I found this link to a HB recipe clone. It might give you a few ideas if you don't have your own plan mapped out just yet.

https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/forbidden-fruit.5484/#post-144438

Best of luck with them.

Lusty.

Forbidden Fruit

STRAIN PROFILE

Beer Styles: Witbier, White IPA

Profile: A widely-used strain in the production of Witbier and Grand Cru. This yeast will produce spicy phenolics which are balanced nicely by a complex ester profile. The subtle fruit character and dry tart finish will complement wheat malt, orange peel, and spice additions typical of Wits.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

Forbidden Fruit

STRAIN PROFILE

Beer Styles: Witbier, White IPA

Profile: A widely-used strain in the production of Witbier and Grand Cru. This yeast will produce spicy phenolics which are balanced nicely by a complex ester profile. The subtle fruit character and dry tart finish will complement wheat malt, orange peel, and spice additions typical of Wits.

Wyeast3463.PNG

hoegaarden-de-verboden-vrucht-fruit.jpg

The two Hoegaarden strains are likely usable across a few variations. I just thought you might like to see the beer the brewery reportedly uses the 3463 on.

Lusty.

It's interesting the Wyeast descriptors for a yeast strain reportedly used by the brewery in what appears to be something resembling a Belgian Dubbel. 🤔

It's almost like it's not the same strain.

Good luck with your planned brews. Should be interesting.

Cheers,

Lusty.