30g centennial 15mins
12g chinook 15mins
65g centennial dry hop 3 days
30g chinook dry hop 3 days
yeast Us-05 ibu's approx. 65
any comments would be good as I haven't done a Westcoast before

• Like 3

Guessing 66-67 mash temp?

I prefer my Ipas, pa’s fairly dry. But with no crystal I think that’s a good mix. Bit of extra bitterness will have lay well with the extra body. Your over the 1:1 IBU/GU factor however I think the body will help. 

I think that you’ll find the right kind of mixture between the bitterness and the fruity pine of that hop combo. 

Looks good mate. 

Id personally double that dry hop, ok up to 150g as a west coast should be prominent.

no  crystal for this one is mashing as we speak .The temp is 67C

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:29 PM, The Captain!! said:

Guessing 66-67 mash temp?

I prefer my Ipas, pa’s fairly dry. But with no crystal I think that’s a good mix. Bit of extra bitterness will have lay well with the extra body. Your over the 1:1 IBU/GU factor however I think the body will help. 

I think that you’ll find the right kind of mixture between the bitterness and the fruity pine of that hop combo. 

Looks good mate. 

Id personally double that dry hop, ok up to 150g as a west coast should be prominent.

Double could be the go will see  I have enough  

was aiming for 70% BH @  1057  but came closer 75%  1061 all cool got my grain from a different place  they seem to mill it more consistent .Also been using rice hulls. Kirk I decided 100g centennial and 50G chinook  for the dry hopping cheers and thanks for the input PPLS regards Brian

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:34 AM, ChristinaS1 said:

What about a five minute and whirlpool addition?

Don't West Coast IPAs usually have at least some crystal? The range seems to be 2-6%, of light to medium crystal. 

Cheers,

Christina.

I usually hot cube some around 80c but not this time but thanks for the input

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:23 PM, Beerlust said:

What temp are you mashing TRT?

Forgot to answer 67 c mash  72c mashout and I think it will go lower than 1013   will wait and see over the next couple of days brewers friend tells me 13 but we will see cheers

Edited by therealthing691

5 hours ago, therealthing691 said:

Your right Lusty 1010 we are at  now if its the same tomorrow out with the dry hops and cold crash time

I'm glad it got down there TRT as I figured it might. The hopping notes at that FG will be very noticeable I would think.

Let us know what it's like once you've got it on the pour. 😉

Cheers,

Lusty.

well clarity is looking great and smell and taste pretty cool cc will be rapped up tomorrow and time to bottle  and kirk I am glad I did 150g Dh  I reckon I might even go 200 250 next time will see once its carbed  thanks for the help guys

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

well here is some pictures quite impressed with clarity a nice citrusy taste but I thought aroma would be stronger  but a nice and crisp drink . All in all a good balanced beer with hop forwardness as it should I think  . A Neipa this weekend with some where between 300g and 380g  for 16L decisions

20190524_210601.jpg

20190524_204723.jpg

• Like 3