Coopers Community

Carbonation Questions 2019

Titan

7 minutes ago, beerdeluxe said:

another carb question, do you think 1.5 of the coopers carbonation drops would suit a 500ml Grolsch pop top bottle?

Depending on the style of beer. 

I use one of those three scoop things, I size for 330ml, one for 500ml and one for 750ml. For a standard pale ale carbonation

But to answer your question, yes that’ll do but I couldn’t be stuffed chopping drops, plus it’ll leave to inconsistent carb levels I’m sure

17 minutes ago, beerdeluxe said:

another carb question, do you think 1.5 of the coopers carbonation drops would suit a 500ml Grolsch pop top bottle?

Hi BD

I put 1 teaspoon (using a proper measuring spoon) of sugar in my Grolsch flip tops.  It does the trick for me for most beers.  Googled it to confirm "Four grams of sugar is equal to one teaspoon. To be precise, 4.2 grams equals a teaspoon, but the nutrition facts rounds this number down to four grams"

Cheers Shamus

3 minutes ago, beerdeluxe said:

Thanks Captain and Shamus, I’ll need to get a proper teaspoon measure and give it a go! 

My rate is technically a smidgen high.  The carbonation drops are 3 grams each.  At 2 per 750 is 6 grams, or 8 grams per litre.  My teaspoon gives 9.3 grams per litre in a 450ml Grolsch bottle.  The flip tops do open with a good pop.  Having said that I have never had excess frothing from brews conditioned in my Grolsch bottles.

10 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

My rate is technically a smidgen high.  The carbonation drops are 3 grams each.  At 2 per 750 is 6 grams, or 8 grams per litre.  My teaspoon gives 9.3 grams per litre in a 450ml Grolsch bottle.  The flip tops do open with a good pop.  Having said that I have never had excess frothing from brews conditioned in my Grolsch bottles.

that's cool, i prefer the higher end of bubbles, keen to use these bottles, been using the PET and they are fantastic but you always end up wasting a lot of beer because its just that bit too large for a single serving

Archived