Coopers Community

King Keg S30 valves leaking🤬🤯

Scottkeg

Hi there

Been brewing now for two years and I’m loving it.  It has been and still is a steep learning curve, it is however becoming slightly easier.  I have concentrated my efforts mainly on Woodford’s selection.  I have recently brewed up some cider and an American IPA, Evil Dog.  It is a lovely beer great taste but watch out, its very pokey.

This is my first post on any beer forum, so bear with me.  I started with Wilco’s barrels and though they are cheap, they are hard work from the lifting point, no handles.  I also had a lot of trouble with the lid seal and had to use lots of sealing gel on it.   I then tried out the King Keg and found it a much more user friendly experience.  The valve leaked so i bought a stainless steel replacement with the option of using the 8g capsules or flipping the spike over and using the super 30 cylinder.  I have, since then, bought two more King Kegs, both of which leaked!!!

I am having to leave my gas cylinder in one the S30 valves and a 8g capsule in the other one to keep the pressure in,  very frustrating.  What’s is even more annoying is that the stainless steel S30 has now started leaking too.  I am an ex gas engineer so I know its the valve that’s leaking.  I Bought all the King Kegs etc from the Homebrew Shop in Farnborough.

Has anyone else had any problems with the S30 valves or it’s just me????😳😳

Still loving it🍺🍺👍🏽

D42D8D8C-AD26-4C96-94B7-ECCB2C76E5CD.jpeg

Archived